B16A Ground Wire Locations?

Hey fellas,

Just re-doing/re-running my ground wires. (bored and don't have much money atm :P). So far i've replaced the -ve battery terminal ground, the rocker cover ground and the tranny ground.

Are there any more stock ones i could replace?? I think theres one near the thermostat but i'm unsure.

Also, I've heard of people grounding stuff directly (i.e Vtec solanoid, alternator etc) How is this done??

As you can tell i've got time to waste but no money to spend. lol

Thanks guys

Jase

PS: Its an OBDII B16A in a 96 CRX.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Search man search. It's similar to a b18c. http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51230

Edit: thread reopened

BTW, there is no point grounding the vtec solenoid. Once you ground the head, you're essentially grounding the vtec solenoid since it is bolted on without a gasket in between. I'd REPLACE where possible the grounds from the negative terminal to the chassis, from the rocker cover to the chassis, from the intake manifold to the negative terminal and from the alternator to the negative terminal. The block to chassis and gearbox to chassis ground wires are pretty substantial and I'd leave those alone unless your cable is frayed.

Be careful not to have too many grounds on the same part. If you have 2 grounds on teh same part, say from the head to the chassis and another to the negative terminal, you risk creating a ground loop which results in an unclean ground.

You only need to ground parts that have electrical sensors/connectors. Here's a pic I found of the B18C thermostat. Looks like it is used for a ground point for some electricals. Undo that bolt circled in red and add your ground cable and connect to the negative terminal. *pic is property of mikes94. Taken from his DIY*
    Last edited by aaronng; 11-09-2006 at 02:39 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Thanks mate.

Anyone else know any other places that could be done? I got a bucket load of wiring, connectors & heatshrink. LOL.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme
    Thanks mate.

Anyone else know any other places that could be done? I got a bucket load of wiring, connectors & heatshrink. LOL.
    I'd only replace existing ground and add new grounds where there is a gasket between the 2 metal pieces. Although, I did ground the alternator too. All together, I replaced the negative terminal to chassis ground, added the alternator to chassis and the intake manifold (my sensors and electronics are grounded there) to negative terminal. My block and gearbox grounds were still good so I didn't touch them.

Remember, ground smart. More is not better.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Cheers man. I'll have a closer look around the engine bay tonight or tomorrow night and make some decision. I'll just start with replacing the ones you've mentioned and I'll go from there.

Chances are I won't do any more then whats listed.

I might posts pic once i'm done just for fun as well.