Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT

06 Euro Audio Question

I'm about to pick up an 06 Euro Std 6MT in the next week or so. It will be going straight to the audio shop to install all my components. My question is whether the standard Euro HU has any RCA preouts for EQ's, amps to be hooked up.

If the answer is no, then has anyone tried using a line level converter to change the speaker output to RCA. I've heard that the Audio Control LC6 is good and also good things about one called 'Navone'. ie. these 2 dont introduce any noise into the system.

I obviously want to keep the existing HU because of the steering wheel controls and plus it will look cleaner, but I'm going to miss the old comp. spec Alpine unit.

If anyones interested, I'll be installing the following kit,

Phoenix Gold EQ
    2 x Lanzar Optidrive amps (total 150w RMS)
    2 x 10 inch Lanzar Pro Subs
    MB quart splits in the front (used to be some nice Image Dynamics HLCD's, but the wouldnt fit in my old car so they had to go)

Seems like a simple system but was good enough to win the QLD State Finals a few years back. It should sound nice in the Euro

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I have used the line level convertors with no major problems. Stinger make a high power unit line level convertor. No the Radio does not have rca outs. Yes the LC6 is a unit you could use. Rockford Fosgate have one as well which is suposed to be better. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...s.asp?cat_id=1. This has been covered before so do a search so you may find some details form other thhreads.
    Last edited by Peekay34; 13-09-2006 at 07:39 PM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    alpine has a similar unit as the rockford fosgate. the difference is, the controller is installed outside of the dash, whereas rockford fosgate just use a pda (using bluetooth to connect to the unit).
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    I'm running one aswell (LOC)
    didnt bother with brand name stuff, i just went straight to jay car.
    cost me like $30

As im just running a single 12 inch sony xplod sub, i just wanted quick and easy installation.

Last edited by xiang; 14-09-2006 at 03:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Hi Xiang,

Thanks for the reply. How have you got the LOC connected, it looks like you have it connected to the rear 6x9's and then the RCA leads are running to the amp? I'm confused, but shouldnt the LOC be connected close to the HU and then the RCA leads would run to the amp on the side of your sub box... then normal speaker wire connections to the speakers?

Maybe I'm reading the wrong setup from your pic ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ur better off getting something that connects as close to the HeadUnit as possible and then run good quality shielded RCA's to the Amp. The stock speaker wires are quite thin and not of good quality.

The Soundgate LOC4.2 should be ideal for this setup.
    http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundloc42.html

[edit] SNHOND3 is used for line input from portable cd players etc..
    Last edited by EuroDude; 14-09-2006 at 02:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Hi Eurodude, Yeah I agree about getting it as close to the HU as possible to reduce the possibility of noise.

I had a look at the link for the Shond3 and it looks to be a device to connect external sound sources that in turn feed back into the HU. ie. the RCA connectors are for a music source, not an amplifier. I dont want an additional music source to be added, I just want to add external amps and EQ.

Am I wrong ? (has been known to happen)

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    sry ur right thats input only, was under the impression it did output as well lol.

what you want is one of these: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/liouco.html

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Yeah thats more like it. It seems there are a lot of these LOC's available ranging from $39 to $250. I guess the hard part is finding the best value one ie. cheap but good quality. Could be a case of taking a punt on those with good reviews.

Thanks for all your help. If anyone has installed a serious system in their Euro using the stock HU, I'd be keen to see what sort of results you got

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Instead of using a converter, have u though about getting an Amp that can take direct speaker line input? The Audison SRx3 is ideal. Combine that with an IceLink Plus and an iPod for audio input

Member Array
    Car:
    03EuRo LuX 6spd
    my cd 6 stacker just stuffed up, it keeps changing the cds but don't play 'em then comes up with cd err. my genuine honda warranty just ran out last month, i want to remove the H/U but want instructions before i atempt can someone please help :~(

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Sounds like the lens may just have dust on it and its jumping to the other CD's to find a valid disc. You could possibly use an air compressor in the CD slot and attempt to remove the dust.

Or remove the head unit and dissasemble it to get to the lens, and use a soft brush to clean the lens.

Here is the procedure to get the HU out: