Member Array
    Car:
    jazz

Power FC fuel map tuning

how does the fuel map work on power FC work?

a. does it tell the FC to control fuel to the desired value/mixture via the help of O2 sensor (or MAP sensor?), which means, as long as the O2 sensor is ok, i don't need to worry about my A/F ratio going way too rich or lean as long as i do not input any bizzare values in the fuel map.
    OR
    b. the value 1.000 means xx% injector duty, more means richer, less means leaner, which means i need a wide band O2 sensor to make sure A/F reading is correct.
    OR
    c. ??? other method?

The fuel map below is copied from reading of my FC commander. Ignore load ranges from 11000 to 20000 (pressure value of 1.1 kg/cm2 to 2.0 kg/cm2 or vertical grid 11 to 20) as car is not boosted. so based on it, i assume the fuel map is behaving like a. above, then 1=14.57 A/F ratio, more than 1.000 = richer and vice versa??

Does the fuel map look normal? my part throttle driveability is shit...

Can the load axis be reconfigured to use the extra 10 grid so that the load tuning increment is 0.05 kg/cm2 instead of 0.1 kg/cm2? can it be done on FC commander? or Datalogit?

Thanks in advance

Edit: the table look messed up after posting, screen capture attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.JPG 
Views:	417 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	2757  
    Last edited by gambate; 27-09-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    have you had this thing tuned on a dyno ??

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    the last time there was a retune when the previous owner add a toda header. on top of a Toda B cam + valve spring and 2 ply gasket.

kinda hard to find honda tuner here in perth.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    do you have a AFR print out.

also in your 1st post, b sounds best, but do it on a dyno so you can see the AFR v power output in a graph.

also fuel pressure and injector duty is really important to monitor over the entire rev range.

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    do you have a AFR print out.

also in your 1st post, b sounds best, but do it on a dyno so you can see the AFR v power output in a graph.

also fuel pressure and injector duty is really important to monitor over the entire rev range.
    so i should go dyno run at 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle and 3/4 throttle with AFR vs power or torque? which gear is best to do this?
    BTW, injector duty is max at WOT. i had a dyno run at WOT to get the power reading, they're fine, but i really need to improve the part throttle respone and torque, they are just worse than my civic d16.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    the dyno operator should be able to advise you where to alter your map based on the telemetry he reads from his equipment.

many competant tuners here in perth, its just whether you want to spend the money or not.

ant scali from xspeed is one of the best with the power fc, and sean from speedworks is also very good.

Member Array
    Car:
    RunX
    I have no experience with the PFC, but if you want to try DIY tuning these 2 links might help.
    http://newcelica.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=208I know its for the Celica, but the stickies have a lot of info
    http://www.rx7club.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    thanks +rep

xspeed are not that great they do make mistakes like every1.took r32 gtr to tune there cos was running like shit their diagnosis was overfueling...so got the car back few days later and got told the gtr made 270 atw but still had the same problem turns out the rear turbo was rooted.... anyway if u want a competent honda tuner take it to zac at cypher they did the b20bvtec ek which was running a pfc...

Quote Originally Posted by chee
    many competant tuners here in perth, its just whether you want to spend the money or not.

ant scali from xspeed is one of the best with the power fc, and sean from speedworks is also very good.

i was referring to ant scali. and yes like you said all workshops make mistakes.

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    thanks guys, problem solved. got a new "base map" based on the same setup as my car. had it fine tune from there, its perfect now. *big grin*