Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Civic Type R Prototype Named Official Car For F1 Japan Grand Prix

Maybe we'll be getting this sedan type-r instead of the hatch type-r

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=618960

Honda Motor Co, Ltd., today announced that the prototype 4-door Civic Type R, the sports version of the Honda Civic, has been selected as the official car for the 2006 F1 Japan Grand Prix, to be held at the Suzuka Circuit in Mie Prefecture, Japan, October 6-8, 2006. A production model, currently under development, is scheduled for release in Japan in spring 2007.
    The 4-door Civic Type R prototype, fitted with a 2.0l DOHC i-VTEC engine with an output in excess of 220PS and a specially tuned sport suspension, delivers exhilarating driving performance in keeping with its bold, dynamic styling.
    In addition to serving as the official car (red flag car) for the F1 Japan Grand Prix, the Civic R prototype will also be on display at Honda’s exhibit at Suzuka Circuit. Civic Type R Prototype (4-door) Specifications
    Engine: 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC
    Output: Over 220PS
    Dimensions (L x W x H): 4,540 x 1,1771 x 1,425mm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_07ctr_jdm-005.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	2829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07ctr_jdm-001.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	2830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07ctr_jdm-002.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	2831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07ctr_jdm-003.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	2832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07ctr_jdm-004.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	2833  

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    no production model yet... i still like the uk typeR better but if this is coming to Australia, i dont mind either

-Just saw this, it would be good if we get it, I like the UK model better but this would do me as well

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civ 06
    phooooaaaa...... *faints*

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    id take the uks
    2dr hotness

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'd take the UK model, but this 4 door might sway small families to join the R. But... imagine coming up to an R on the street and you look in their car and see a family of 4. It's like me in the Euro looking into another one and seeing a 60+ year old dude/dudette driving it....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

As much as I like the idea of 2 door hatch being the essence of a CTR.... that 4 door grew on me in like 5 seconds.

I see this as more of a goer for the Honda AU execs to agree upon... ie. I can see where they could fit this into the Australian market alot easier than the 2 door varient. That being said.. would like to see both sold in AU... simply to keep everyone happy and variety is a good thing.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It works in white. But how will the business case go though? Built in Thailand, ship to Japan to put in a k20z and then back to Australia?

Or fully built in Japan? Someone in Japan needs to check their VIN to see the country of manufacture of their regular Civics.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    that ll be my next car ftw

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    How arousing...
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Much easier to sell the wife on a 4 door hahaha, i LOVE this, please please Mr Honda AU please bring this out! I dont want Honda AU to be thought of as a pretend sporty maker, I hate to think of the day people say Civic like they do Camry...
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    no chance. Honda AU executives are all limp-wristed (and have been for quite some time)

The only thing that might coerce them is if the current batch of hot-hatches (being sold by other manufacturers) sell well.... and then they'd do it more to prop up their own bonuses rather than OFFERING a decent car to the paying public.....