Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

car wont start after stalling

hey guys

i dunno if anyone has this problem but wen i stall it (i stalled reversing ) the car doesnt wanna start straight away... it keeps cranking but sounds like no spark or no fuel or asif an imobiser is there.. but i dont have one lol

it starts after about 20 seconds randomly... does anyone know wat this is from?

have you done basic checks, like check battery, spark plug. You have half answered your question above. Think you should get a mechanic to check it out for you.
    blah blah blah

When you stalled the car did you try starting it again straight away??

Are you having troubles starting it everything now?? Or just the single start after you stall it?

Maybe you need to take the key out completely and let the car do its pre-start checks, just so it know exactly where the positions of everything are.

Not sure if it would help but you never know.

im thinkng the same with teh prestart checks too...

the car will start everytime... no problems with battery sparks or anything... it just sounds like the ecu wont let it start STRAIGHT away after stalling!

if i stall in traffic, i dont think i got time to wait lol

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    check for fuel = pull a plug out and crank the car ans emll for traces of fuel in each cyl.

check for spark = connect a plug straight to the distributor ignition lead, do you get spark?

guys... it only happens wen i stall!!! the car turns on!

by the time i get out n check these things, the car will start...

plz read the problem!! lol the car DOES start.. just doesnt like to start after i stall it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    learn to drive a manual, problem solved.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 da9 + 02 celica
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    learn to drive a manual, problem solved.
    lol owned

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CK2
    if you dont have anything constructive to say . .please keep it to yourself . .

you've just had a service yeh? so your spark plugs and all have changed . . but i suggest you check them anyway . . knowing ur luk
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin
    yeah thats my shirt why?

*gets Fists ready*
    -T L D- #031

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    could be the ICM in the distributor.

When ya stall man, just take ya time. Theres no point straining your car just because the dude behind you looks impatient.

Also, when you're driving don't go out of your way to make other people happy if its gonna make you stall/root ya car. Drive your own drive, don't let others bully you round. You've got a place on the road too.

Also, don't worry about what some of the keyboard bandits say on this forum. Chances are they drive auto's. :P

Jase

I've had this problem too, happened to me at petrol stations when I just couldn't start again after turning it off or after stalling. Sounds like the fuel just isn't getting through to the engine. What I did for those panic situations was to step on the accelerator when starting like when starting those older vehicles. It helped the short term problem.

I think it has something to do with the battery coz once I got a new batt. the problems went away. I too suspected it was my immobiliser coz I've got one but since you don't, we can take that out of the equation.