Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just thinkin, maybe when you stall the car theres excess un burnt fuel in the chamber which could be flooding the engine?

Maybe. Dunno. Probably wrong. :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    do u have a immoboliser..? check if its wired to ur fuel pump it happend to me before i got my engine conversion. they took the wire out my cars all fine now

wheres the pump and what wire am i looking for?

thanks for the suggestsions guys, my first thoughts were the dizzy get too hot or something and doesnt like to fire up too quickly.

as for stalling in traffic, only happened once. ii love p utting the good old finger o ut the sunroof so i dont mind that :P but shits me wen im stuck parking trying to turn the car on.

Sounds like main fuel relay, can't believe it hasn't been mentioned already.

When you stall, turn the key back to ACC, then back to ON. You should hear the MFR click ON for a few seconds, then click again OFF (the second click will be in time with you CEL (check engine like) going off. If it doesn't, it's the problem. Make sure you wait for this time before trying to start it so you can tell if the MFR is the problem or not.

Take it out and re-solder it; There is absolutely no reason to buy a new one from the dealer for $100. Worst case you have to make a new one entirely, which will cost you < $10 in parts from jaycar.

no1s meantioned it coz more ppl are worried bout lookn cool!

can you explain how to check if its the relay or not again, i got lost

have u check ur spark plug leads yet ?

plz check...

Good luck..
    Yo~~! Vtec go ! go ! go !

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889

Its not a problem with startin the car everytime guys. He's only havin trouble after he's stalled it.

Everything that has been mentioned would effect starting the car everytime.

hahahha thank u jason!!!

ive sed it twice.. maybe u can push the msg accross

I'd be goin with the startup procedure man. If she starts up everytime with no problems then i guess that'd be it.

Ok the main fuel relay works like this.

When you turn the key to ON, and the engine is not rotating, you'll see the oil light and CEL (check engine light). As you turn it to ON, you'll hear a relay CLICK. A few seconds later, your CEL will turn OFF. When it does this, be sure to be listening for the same relay to give a second CLICK. The sound will be from about where your right knee sits. This is the relay which is connected to your fuel pump. It runs for a few seconds to build pressure in the fuel rail so you can start. When you hear it click this second time, your good to start the car as normal.

Do this EVERY time you start the car, be it the first time, or after a stall.

If you don't hear the second click, your car won't start, and you'll know it's the fuel relay.

Make sure you do it EVERY time so you can single it out.

If after you stall it DOES CLICK, and DOESN'T start, then come back here and start looking at everyone else's answers

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by string
    Sounds like main fuel relay, can't believe it hasn't been mentioned already.

Doesnt necessarily affect everytime u start the car either.gets hot,contacts start sticking,etc.

Prob easier to listen for the fuel pump operating for the 2 secs,the click is a little hard to hear amongst the keys jingling,alarm relays etc.Its that little motor noise u hear from the fuel tank area, everytime u turn on the ignition.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    I've had a few of these problems, once driving to the petrol station, but it turned out that my battery only had enough juice to start it once, and the drive to the petrol station was short so it didnt charge the battery.

Had similar problems when my clutch was worn, and it all fixed itself after i replaced the clutch.

Also had similar problems when my dizzy was dying, fixed when i replaced the dizzy.

So it could be any of those maybe.
    :