Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Hey mate, I'm running stock dc2r calipers and rotors with ferrodo ds2500 pads which work really well!
    You should rip 1.10 in a EG driving it right, they are nice and light. My del sol is 1150kg stock lol

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    dave you should bring the del sol down to Wakey on the 10.6 with circuit club ! Im already booked in and I've got a few quick mates coming along, new coilovers and an LSD should see my PB of 1.13 lowered to hopefully a 1.11.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dc5dave View Post
    Hey mate, I'm running stock dc2r calipers and rotors with ferrodo ds2500 pads which work really well!
    You should rip 1.10 in a EG driving it right, they are nice and light. My del sol is 1150kg stock lol
    As it was my first time and on old street tyres on the rear and new ones on the front - and with the car overheating due to air temps over 33 and track temps even higher - I was happy with a 1:14 on stock sussy and new to track. Will need a decent radiator next time.

Will DC2R rotors fit inside 15's? I have heard there are fussy mods when putting these on EGs. What other changeover items are needed on a 4 stud EG?

Would it be just as good to stick some decent DBA rotors (4000 series) and good pads?

If I can learn the track a bit better and hold better apex speeds through T1,T2 I think I can easily bump some time off! I've also become more familiar with the car since doing many hillclimbs and with stickier rubber I think I can approach the limits of the car more now!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by iijjee View Post
    As it was my first time and on old street tyres on the rear and new ones on the front - and with the car overheating due to air temps over 33 and track temps even higher - I was happy with a 1:14 on stock sussy and new to track. Will need a decent radiator next time.

Will DC2R rotors fit inside 15's? I have heard there are fussy mods when putting these on EGs. What other changeover items are needed on a 4 stud EG?

Would it be just as good to stick some decent DBA rotors (4000 series) and good pads?

If I can learn the track a bit better and hold better apex speeds through T1,T2 I think I can easily bump some time off! I've also become more familiar with the car since doing many hillclimbs and with stickier rubber I think I can approach the limits of the car more now!
    Yeah definitely man that's a great time.

They fit inside 15's with no dramas. If you've 3 peiece wheels with a low offset the bolts may touch I had that with my Simmons but with the buddyclubs from Jdmyard they have heaps of room!
    The stock dc2 rotors were just re-drilled to 4x100. really glad I used these brakes over an aftermarket set up for triple the price.

What rubber are you using now?

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    dave you should bring the del sol down to Wakey on the 10.6 with circuit club ! Im already booked in and I've got a few quick mates coming along, new coilovers and an LSD should see my PB of 1.13 lowered to hopefully a 1.11.
    Hey champ! Count me in!! Do I book through a website? Nice man your really moving that single cam. Someone told me you've strapped a turbo on to it??

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Yeah just hit circuit club website, easy as !, yeah the cars coming along, power upgrade is good but its raised traction and braking issue ! Lol. Ultimate goal is 8s next year but I've a fair bit mucking about before then.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    I have 195/50/15 Advan A050 Mediums for track/Hillclimb, but only for front. The rears are very old R888 which would last three laps on a track! Might have to find a used pair on ebay or something before I think TRACK!

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Yeah just hit circuit club website, easy as !, yeah the cars coming along, power upgrade is good but its raised traction and braking issue ! Lol. Ultimate goal is 8s next year but I've a fair bit mucking about before then.
    Yeah I bet mate those stock brakes wouldn't be liking it. What kind of power is it putting out now and what how much boost?
    Ill know by next week if I can go I'm tossing up weather to put a k20a2. I really want to do 1.08 with the b16 I know it's got it in it but i want to sell my gearbox as new.
    Ill keep you posted

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by iijjee View Post
    I have 195/50/15 Advan A050 Mediums for track/Hillclimb, but only for front. The rears are very old R888 which would last three laps on a track! Might have to find a used pair on ebay or something before I think TRACK!
    Ok awesome and it's a egb18c is it?
    My mate who is with Bathurst light car club is right in to hill climbs he is about 60 years old and absolutely owns it on the S and Bathurst.
    I was looking in to doing the hillclimb nsw championship with him but I mucked around for to long and missed out, it looks like good fun

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    yeah dave running e85 permantly round town and the full 7psi rips 147kw's atw at about 2600rpm, bloody torque machine. Cold tyres and about 260nm atw is interesting !

Dave my bathurst based brother loves to take the kids up to watch the hillclimb every year, I reckon I might head out for the day next year.

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Wow!!! 147kw with 260nm what a monster! Does it stay cool on the track? I think if I do a K conversion ill run in on e85. Let me know when you do ill more than likely come. They get some amazing cars there, I'd love to give it a go some day

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Dave thtas the beauty of E85, cooler eng Temp. I did 2 consecutive days down at Winton and the temp guage doesnt budge. Benny sure did tune it well ! In a few years Ill be going down your K path but not with this heavy bitch. Yeah I also went to Uni at Bathurst and I remember a twin engined 4wd mini amongst some the entrants doing the climb starting at the top of conrod straight, a blast indeed.