Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dc5dave View Post
    Ok awesome and it's a egb18c is it?
    My mate who is with Bathurst light car club is right in to hill climbs he is about 60 years old and absolutely owns it on the S and Bathurst.
    I was looking in to doing the hillclimb nsw championship with him but I mucked around for to long and missed out, it looks like good fun
    Yeah DC2R engine. Very good for hillclimbs as it doesn't overpower it's types like a lot of cars. Have entered about 8 hillclimbs and have won my class in all of them, sometimes over more than a dozen cars. The last two were in Coffs and Kempsey where I cam 6/65 and 2/20 entries. Often the fastest road reg car there. It's funny following home all these cars on trailers after beating them... A great form of motorsport which costs little in entry, tyre wear, brake/clutch wear etc and time/prep! Hold a couple of track & class records... until someone rocks up in a K20 H car one day!!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Good stuff man sounds like your killing it, so I take it your doing the hillclimb nsw championship? I was considering putting a b18 engine to my gearbox but majority are worn out and actually make less kw than my b16 so I'm going to do it right and throw in a dc5r motor with a built box.
    Yeah it's a different crowd to circuit racing to I've heard.
    Hey doesn't have to be a K or H it could be me in my b16 :P

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Dave thtas the beauty of E85, cooler eng Temp. I did 2 consecutive days down at Winton and the temp guage doesnt budge. Benny sure did tune it well ! In a few years Ill be going down your K path but not with this heavy bitch. Yeah I also went to Uni at Bathurst and I remember a twin engined 4wd mini amongst some the entrants doing the climb starting at the top of conrod straight, a blast indeed.
    Unreal!! I haven't researched much on e85 but majority of blokes doing serious circuit work are running it. How did you go Winton?
    How much boost are you putting through it?
    Lol yeah they are a pretty popular thing to do in the U.K, a lot of blokes even do twin 1300 motorbike engines.
    How much does the fd weigh??

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Dave from memory the FD weighs about 1180kg, Winton was good but the 3 consecutive hairpin style corners just destroyed my lap times as traction was non existant on exiting them, Im hoping the Mfactory LSD aleviates this. max boost is 7psi, plan is to do 5 or 6 more track days this year and then turn the boost up to 12psi, 15 psi is about the limit the motor can handle from what Ive read, thats should deliver me around 230kw's atw !! Motors are dirt cheap some Im not too worried about destroying a few ... lol

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Wow it's not to bad mine weighs 1150 stock! Yeah I've never been there but I had a look at in on the net and it looks like it's got some pretty hairy corners.
    Shit that's good power for 7psi I can't imagine it with 230kw that would be unreal!
    Yeah that's the beauty it's cheaper to throw another motor in than build yours. So you drive it around daily hey?

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Had the EK9 out over the last week. Stock besides some coilovers and some braces running just street tyres (Kumho KU36)

Phillip Island: 2.02.9
    Sandown: 1.33.3
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    EF
    Honda CRX
    Wakefield - 1:15.6
    Kumho KU31
    Stock D series
    Wakefield Park: 1:15.68 Stock Engine
    NOVTEC!!

S2000
    Coilovers, intake.

Winton: 1:44.59 - OEM wheels +tyres.

Wakefield: 1:10.22 - 17x9/10 6ULRs + RE55/R888

Winton stock DC5r.

Timed at about 1.51s.

I found a few new lines and changed method around turn 5 after I was timed and believe I would have lost another second. Still a long way from Cameron Mcconville's 1.45 second run in the same car.
    I know I need more practice!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, AP1
    EK1 Cxi.

Gab SS coilovers. Stock d16y4.

Winton: 1.47.84

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    EG K24 5.1FD Hoosier R6 & A6, Spoon N1 coils

Winton 1:37.1