Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2 type r 99

DC2R on 102 octane fuel

Hey guys
    i got a dc2r with mild work this includes Custom CAI setup, AfterMarket cams, headers and a 2.75 inch exhaust system with high flow cat and heavy duty valves
    Car is currently running very well on these mods just wondering if it would be safe to run it on 102 octane fuel as it is avaiable at some fuel stations. Im curious to see the power difference as i know alot of my friends have used it and chewed some time off their runs with this fuel. Is it enough to damage anything in the motor as the JDM specs would be running this fuel anyway as jap have higher fuel octanes true??
    gimme ur thoughts

Member Array
    I ran 107-110 on a almost stock car. You should be fine on 102.

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    Hey guys
    i got a dc2r with mild work this includes Custom CAI setup, AfterMarket cams, headers and a 2.75 inch exhaust system with high flow cat and heavy duty valves
    Car is currently running very well on these mods just wondering if it would be safe to run it on 102 octane fuel as it is avaiable at some fuel stations. Im curious to see the power difference as i know alot of my friends have used it and chewed some time off their runs with this fuel. Is it enough to damage anything in the motor as the JDM specs would be running this fuel anyway as jap have higher fuel octanes true??
    gimme ur thoughts
    which service stations? what's it labled as?
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    hey mate, going a bit off topic here, but what exhaust system do you have?

if its custom, who made you the 2.75" ????

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdc2
    hey mate, going a bit off topic here, but what exhaust system do you have?

if its custom, who made you the 2.75" ????
    Skunk2 now make a 70mm exhaust for the DC2 chassis.
    ALLMTR996

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2 type r 99
    as for the exhuast Liverpool Exhausts made it custom to my request as i was instructed by a friend who is a mechanical engineer and said the car needed the 2.75

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc2 type r 99
    the petrol is ET FUELS you can visit their website they look pretty legitimate

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    ive fun my car on av gas which is up around 104 or something around there and it was awesome and nothing happen, motor is a stock b18c, so u it will be fine easily, but if its got additivies like ethanol and tyrine id stay away from it...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    any servoz in melb that sell high octane fuel???
    plz dont tell me 98octane... lol
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

reminder: it is illegal to run leaded fuel in unleaded cars e.g. avgas in a post '86 road registered car...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT
    ive fun my car on av gas which is up around 104 or something around there and it was awesome and nothing happen, motor is a stock b18c, so u it will be fine easily, but if its got additivies like ethanol and tyrine id stay away from it...
    AV gas contains lead. It's illegal to run on street cars like tink said, and it will also foul your cat.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    well really 98 is fine for anything up to 15:1 compression so you should be fine
    part time potato