Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT

RTA Car Registration - Changing Paint Colour

i'm going to get a cheap 300 buck car for fun...

and since it's an ugly brown colour, i'm thinking of respraying it black by hand with cans of spray paint... LOL...

just wondering if i can do this and still be able to get a pink slip for registration??

and since the car is registered as a brown car, can i easily go abouts changing these details with the RTA??

and only coz i'm repsraying it with spray paint, i'm wondering if it is legal....

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yes you can.
    i don't see why it's not legal
    lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just go to the RTA, tell them you changed the colour.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    what about the painting process itself?

i mean, do i have to paint the WHOLE shell the same colour? or can hidden parts such as that in the engine bay be kept the original colour?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    just the outer shell will do

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    The outer shell and also the crevices near the outer shell such as the door frames and engine bay upper side areas, and inner boot section you can see when you open the boot.

Use Matte Black Paint lol. Saw it on an old skyline once, looks alright
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    changing colours is no problem. You don't need to do the engine bay or inside the car, although it is advisable that you at least do the door and boot jams. But really just the outer shell would do.

What you'll need to do is go to a mechanic that does blue slips, and have them write up a blue slip stating that your car is now black. Take that to the RTA and tell em you changed the colour of your car, and they'll update the records.

It shouldn't affect your pink slip as the colour of your car is not actually stated anywhere on your rego papers etc, pink slips are just there to make sure that your car is mechanically legal to drive on the roads.

I just did this all yesterday for my car, change of colour, pink slip, rego, etc etc....

If you have trouble finding a blue slip mech, just call the RTA and ask them for locations of blue slip mechs around your area, and they'll be happy to provide you with that information.
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    i wonder how hard it would be to get a blue slip for the car when it's unregistered...

and the pink slip...since the car's head gasket is blown, wonder where i'm gonna try finding parts to fix it...

anyone think it's worth it? 300bucks for a old car whose head gasket has just blown?

Member Array
    Car:
    93 integra vtir
    the head gasket shouldn't be hard to fix, you could do it yourself if you really want, you can usually pic the gasket up at your local auto parts store, they shouldn't be to expensive, just remember to tighten the head to the correct torque settings so that it doesn't fail. what kind of car is it?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    u think i can pick up a new head gasket for a 1982 car from my local parts store? lol

if not you should be able to order it in.

If you cant order it you can always get some gasket paper and cut your own

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes View Post
    i wonder how hard it would be to get a blue slip for the car when it's unregistered...

and the pink slip...since the car's head gasket is blown, wonder where i'm gonna try finding parts to fix it...

anyone think it's worth it? 300bucks for a old car whose head gasket has just blown?
    its not harder, just longer. As long as its registerable, they'll just have to call the RTA and get details about the car so that they can write up a blue slip for it. You will most likely need one to re-register the car as it is, but check with the RTA as to what you need to do, they can help ya out
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com