Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic

Car clubs/insurance

I'm in the process of transfering over to Shannons and I noticed that they have a car clubs section on their website that lists all of their associated car clubs. Listed under Honda is Preludes Australia. This got me thinking that maybe a mod could register OZhonda with Shannons as a form of national car enthusiasts club so when others are wishing to join up with Shannons they will find it easier proving that they are a car enthusiast.

Food for thought.

Here's the link.

this would be a top notch idea, as i realli needa change my insurance

Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    excellent idea!

+1 for shannons
    '99 Integra GSi (gone)
    '95 Integra Vti-r (drag-spec)
    '91 Cressida Grande (daily)
    MT Drag Radials, Injen CAI (dc2r) & various parts for sale:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112491

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Good spotting.....I've just sent an Email to Shanons.

For the NSW people, you should consider joining the HCCNSW (Honda Car Club of NSW).
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3 & 02 EP3 CIVICS
    Very top notch idea, as I phoned up shannons to insure my EP3R and they wouldnt classify me as a car enthusiast.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gzm View Post
    <snip>

Food for thought.

Here's the link.
    We're on there now
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    well before you could just said your part of ozhonda, clubitr

i've done so for a quote and they never look into it to see if it actually 'existed'

t
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

awesome! does it make it easier to sign up with shannons? how are there prices compared to racv and aami?? my aami insurance seems to be going up every year in $50 increments
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    i was about to say ozhonda is already on it and then i saw wynode comment...

so anyways would be get discount if we mention that we are a member of ozhonda??

how does it work?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I think they need your personal email and then ask wyn to verify it with the ozhonda servers... and then you're in.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    :-) i was thinking about this a few weeks ago, seems someone beat me to it! well done lads
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mars_panas View Post
    i was about to say ozhonda is already on it and then i saw wynode comment...

so anyways would be get discount if we mention that we are a member of ozhonda??

how does it work?
    I think it's more towards actually letting you join with them. You have to prove that you're a car enthusiast. And I think they use a scoring system going off what you tell them. Being in a car club just helps bump up your score by a lot until you reach the mark where they say "yes we believe you're a car enthusiast and we'll cover you".

Quote Originally Posted by SHU-ES1 View Post
    awesome! does it make it easier to sign up with shannons? how are there prices compared to racv and aami?? my aami insurance seems to be going up every year in $50 increments
    The next closest 2 companies were about 1400 and 1600 a year with only a slightly higher than market value of cover (which for an EG is sweet F-A). And they wanted an assessor to go over the car with a fine toothed comb...

With Shannons I'm covered for agreed value, full comp for just under a grand. I'm 26, rating 1 and have never been disqualified from driving.

My mods list is well over a few pages long mind you though I got through a little over half a page of what I've done to it myself and they said "wow that'll do, we're pretty sure you're an enthusiast" lol.

A $50 increase is pretty good considering all insurance premiums went up this financial year. My previous insurer bumped mine up by about $300... That's why I changed.
    Also I think you'll find it harder to get covered by Shannons if you have a basically stock Australian released car. That's why I wanted to get OZhonda in their car club system to make it a bit easier for others
    Last edited by 02gzm; 20-09-2009 at 09:34 AM.