Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX-T 1986

Looking for an experienced Crome user in AU

Youīve got a visitor from Denmark, europe

This is the purpose of my visit:
    I am trying to promote PGMFI.ORG and some of the software found there, or more specifically Crome. The goal is to attract more users and, in effect, hopefully some resourceful people who can help contribute their knowledge and efforts to better understand and modify Honda engine management systems.

I will be contacting an online car magazine in Australia and see if I can get them to do a true "DIY Honda Engine Management" article.
    From my end - far, far away I will be providing pictures and a lot of technical information to be included in the article.

But I imagine any proper journalist would want to see the software and tools in action themselves, and thatīs something I can hardly do from the other side of the planet. This is where YOU come in.

So.... If you are using Crome, preferrably Crome Pro with datalogging and real-time programming AND donīt mind spending an hour or two showing off what it can do, let me know! I can be reached at this e-mail address:
    allan%bindegal.dk (%=@)

I will of course provide any necessary assistance I can from my end, in case you donīt feel your current experience or skills are insufficient. But a basic knowledge of Crome or other Honda DIY software such as (the now unfortunetely more or less discontinued) Uberdate is i a prerequisite.....

Whatīs in it for you? I canīt really tell. We could ask John Cui to give you a Crome Pro license for free, as he is sure to benefit from such an article. Or perhaps your local (and excellent!) wbo2.com people would be persuaded to donate something, if you were to show off their wideband logging equipment - I will be including their tools in the pictures and technical information anyway. All of this is just speculation - I will do my best to make it worth your while, but canīt make any promises at this point.

Whatīs in it for me? Personally, not much really. But I do hope to help promote PGMFI.ORG and attract resourceful people, in effect to benefit all of us using Honda DIY engine management tools.

Best regards, and happy holidays to you all!
    Allan Binderup (allanĢbindegal.dk)

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    i use <crome> in my b18c swap. Found that Uberdata changes the stock gsr.bin to run too rich. Horrible for fuel consumption . Once i changed to crome everthing ran fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX-T 1986
    All the more reason to do a bit of promotion, then

For many of the older Hondas, itīs really no effort at all. All depending on what and how much you want to do with it, of course. The hardest part is usually understanding the tuning itself, and not the specific tool of choice- in this case Crome.

I would be surprised if there was an easier way of doing some proper management on a 92-95 Civic with the ESI or VTI engine.... the car even comes with a useful ECU from the factory you can just open up, solder in a socket and start tuning!

/Bindegal

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude 1991
    More choice to people. Great, I hope you can achieve it. I am looking for people to tune my car using crome as hondata does not support for my car.
    Last edited by spacemaster; 11-12-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    I have all the gear(cromepro, ostrich, datalogging cable and a LC-1) At this stage i have only played with it on the streets but once our B20vtecITB is back on the road we're planning to give it a proper tune on the dyno. Due to the silly season i'm pretty busy ATM but if i can assist my email is grant@edgeautomotive.com.au or PM me.
    Last edited by Edgeauto; 10-12-2006 at 02:26 PM.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX-T 1986
    Thank you very much, Iīll contact you when the time comes! :-)

/Bindegal

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    Quote Originally Posted by poid View Post
    unfortunately most people here arent interested in using Crome/Uberdata...too much effort...
    thats the kind of attitude people had about hondata in the past... look at it now!!

just needs to get out there...

i plan on using it when i look for better engine management because it offers alot of what the higher market offers!!
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Teal Mx5
    Its a good ECU.
    Im using it atm while I save up for another ECU.
    Row row row your boat

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Dyno Dave is a Crome Pro user e-mail him.
    ALLMTR996

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    what are the chances of someone dropping a wideband o2 and cromePRO serial number into my lap?
    DynoDave you dont have a spare serial number for me do ya?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    hope this goes well I dont know how to use these turbo edits and cromes ive been looking for a writeup everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Car:
    94 VTI CIVIC, 72 RX2 13BT
    Id love to use crome but my local tuner wasnt interested. We need someone in S/E QLD who can tune crome!!!

Hey serpo this is a good write up.

http://www.xenocron.com/install/CromeGuide.htm