View Poll Results: Which Is Piggyback ECU is good?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greddy E-manage

7 63.64%
  • Haltech Interceptor

4 36.36%
  • Just get any of them... they are the same..

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000,mdx,integra,nsx,jaz

Greddy E-manage VS Haltech Interceptor

HI.. guys.. i've a question.. atm my honda jazz is using HKS F-con as we know not many people able to tune F-CON.. and my turbocharge jazz has very2 lean A/F ratio..

so my mechanics suggested me to change the piggyback ECU (i have to use Piggyback.. coz the stand alone ecu.. does sumting wierd to honda jazz) that can be adjust, my mechanics give me.. 2 brand of ecu.. and i'm not sure which one is the best and got more function and best..

1st choice is Greddy e-manage

2nd Haltech Interceptor

pls let help me.. i'm clueless

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    hondata FTW!

ps: im not quite sure what im talking about lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    both will do the job around the same.. with the latest firmware the emanage is a very capable ECU which almost anyone can tun. Haltech is likewise. Haltech will have more support though, being an australian product. I would go with whatever setup u can get cheapest, and whatever setup your tuner is most comfortable working with. Tuner is the key.

FCON is a grewta ecu though.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    PS. i ran the emanage on my original setup. injectors i used were double the size. AF was consistant. throttle response was a little changed from stock. But hondata gave me a very similiar feel to the emanage. i had success...
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Are we discussing the emanage, or the emanage ultimate... there's a pretty big difference

Member Array
    Car:
    what is the different?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    tried both...they didnt work for my 06 jazz..got Autronic SM4..stand-alone system..runs so much beta now..luv it..dnt like piggybanks..they dont do it for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    i heard nothing but bad things about the greddy emanage!
    overseas they get good results, but i heard no tuners in australia have any luck with tuning them very well

Quote Originally Posted by hinezz View Post
    tried both...they didnt work for my 06 jazz..got Autronic SM4..stand-alone system..runs so much beta now..luv it..dnt like piggybanks..they dont do it for me.
    Awesome ECU! well worth the investment for complete management and other little benefits like launch control etc

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by anjingbalap View Post
    what is the different?

emanage ultimate, while still a piggy back, offers a lot more to make it a bit more acceptable for use. The regular emanage is basically a glorified vafc and is really a POS.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by hinezz View Post
    what do u mean by didnt work?... i use want to stand alone.. but its not compatible.. coz of the immobiliser and stuff..

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    my honda jazz is a 06 model..the factory ecu on the 06 model is different to the previous models, and e-manage and haltech havent developed one yet..
    autronic stand alone ecu can work much much beta then piggybank ecu on ur jazz...try get a professional to install the computer properly..otherwise u will have issues with the ECU cutting off at high revs...etc etc

if u need infor on how its installed, talk to Mick at TUNED Automotive BNE http://www.tunedautomotive.com.au
    Last edited by hinezz; 15-12-2006 at 07:52 PM.