Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC2: ABS Light + Electric Issues

Hi All,

I'm having some possible electrical issues on my DC2 that I'm hoping someone can help me out.

1. Everything was fine.
    2. But just in the last 4-5 months, I've noticed my Head Unit randomly glitches with it's playback. It's NOT CD Skipping related as it happens on Radio. So it would be as if someone cut the power to the amp and/or pre-out's on the HU, so it's silent for a second then kept playing.
    3. Then in the last 1-2 months, I've noticed during some of these glitches ... the headunit completely resets itself (It's an Alpine 9831 swing face) and the ABS Warning Light lights up. Only for 3-4 seconds, then music starts up, ABS light turns off and all is fine.
    4. Then, just recently, the other day I was parking my car. Everything on (including music), in neutral and I was winding the windows up and when the Windows reached the top and I kept the power windows button in for an extra second .. I noticed my headlights dim, head unit reset and the ABS light come on.

Are these linked? I don't know if it's getting worse or I just didn't happen to notice some symptons for a while.

Could this be a simple Car Audio Install problem (I had a shop install HU/Amp/Speakers + Viper 1000 Alarm) or could this be symptons of a possible electrical problem? I noticed the other thread where his ABS lights were coming on and it was an alternator problem...

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks Alot

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    check your grounds.

Member Array
    Car:
    Camry
    I have a 9851, and recently installed it into my DC2R.
    While I was testing the headunit, it would play fine one minute then would stop, like the power has been shut down and turn back on immediately.

After I've played around I finally realised by harness was not in properly, so everytime I moved the headunit a little bit it would stop playing and come back on.

So you could check the wiring and connection to all your audio applications.

Regarding your ABS and SRS lighting, best to go to Honda dealer.

Would a fault or lose connection on the ground on the HU cause the ABS light to turn on?

Member Array
    I would check all the wires in the back of the deck area for any other loose or cut wires. Also check the radio harnesses to miss wiring or tapped wires for power and ground.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    I have had the EXACT same problem before in my teg. Driving along suddenly the CD player/radio cuts out (only momentarily) and the ABS light flashes on (and sometimes stays on).

Looking at the wiring diagram I can see no connection between the ABS and radio circuits. I was stumped - I guess the ony thing could've been grounding. I never did find the problem but it has since mysteriously disappeared. Sorry I cant offer any assistance other than to let you know you're not alone!

Mike

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    i think your ignition switch is on the way out

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    is your bunch of keys heavy?
    if so, that causes premature wear on the switch as well.
    if that is the case.
    and it's quite easy to replace.

Not really, my keys are fine. I actually like having a nice small light set of keys. I know my bro has a lanyard with about 2kg worth which pisses me off.

ALTHOUGH - I started a thread earlier where my key had trouble coming out of the barrel. Turned out my Main key was on it's way out, switched to my spare key and the key Ignition is fine again to remove/insert the key. thread here

Is this linked?

ECU-MAN, What makes you think that? Not questioning you, just trying to learn.

Thanks guys

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by Moya View Post

ECU-MAN, What makes you think that? Not questioning you, just trying to learn.
    coz Iv seen it before.

your keys will not have a major factor on this, the switch on the end of the ignition barrel will ware out over time.

its breaking contact.

Wouldn't it cause the car to turn off though? Why just the headunit?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    it should stall the car if its badly worn. if the acc contacts are worn that wouldnt stall the engine.

also look for loose harness conectors under the dashn majnly going into the fues box