Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    By saying seam welding i dont mean piecing two good ends of smashed cars together, thats just dodgy unless done right...

I mean removing the seam glue from all joins on the car and welding the seam together with 1 inch intervals all over the car. (like race cars)...
    Dose this need need to be engineered so you can drive the car on public roads.
    Last edited by AUSVTEC; 27-02-2007 at 01:42 PM.

the chassis is reinforced and will act differently in a crash ( IE wont crumble as easily but probably bounce off the impact and away) so it will have to be engineered

Cool, i thought i might have to pay another visit to my engineer to have it checked and noted on my eng. certificate

thanks bennjamin

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    .. That's what he's saying. LOL

The car effectively becomes a metal enclosed ball. It' won't crumple like a car with a weaker structure where windows are.

That and, in the event of an accident, you'll be trapped inside a metal sack. Bit of a problem if the car's fuel is leaking, or there are fumes.
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Ok, everyone that's posted in here, replace your post with something useful :P

Same Goes for the Spamming Thread. LOL

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    A crash in a reinforced chassis at high speed will give you more internal injuries from the higher G forces during deceleration.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayani View Post
    NSW Pod Filters & Noise Control

Pod Filters

Air filters that are not enclosed are deemed a fire hazard and are therefore in 99% of cases not allowed.

In the context of Noise:Section 20, NSW Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2000
    A person must not cause or permit a motor vehicle’s engine, or its air intake or exhaust system, to be modified or repaired in such a manner that the maximum noise level of the motor vehicle after the repair or modification (regardless of the noise level of the motor vehicle before the repair or modification) exceeds the maximum noise level specified in Schedule 1 for that kind of motor vehicle.

Where did you get that from?
    Ctrl + W

Section 20, NSW Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2000
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz,05 Civic,06 Civic

Number Plate guidelines

Below is the list which is used by Authorised Inspection Stations to reject number plate mountings. Keep these in mind.

Note that no mention is made about side mounted plates. However like anything the police could defect you, and you'd have to prove to the RTA it's legal (i.e. by following the belowmentioned points).

- Any part of the number plate is more than 1300mm from the ground;
    - The number plates are not substantially parallel to the vehicle’s axles;
    - Any number plate is obscured, for example by a towing attachment, gooseneck or tow ball;
    - Any number plate cover is tinted, reflective, rounded or bubble like;
    - Any number plate is not of RTA issue, is damaged or faded to the extent that the registration number is not visible;
    - Characters on the number plate are not clearly visible from a distance of 20 metres at any point within an arc of 45 degrees from the surface of the number plate above or to either side of the vehicle.

Reference: Vehicle Inspector's Bulletin 70 (June 2006)

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Bumping for newcomers.

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

this is the technical forum dude, not off topic...
    B20VTEC - since 2002