Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX

DIY Security Tips to protect your Vehicle

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Providing Maximum Security for your Vehicle!

Almost Every Five minutes a Car is stolen in Australia. Many get Vandalised then Dumped, but some of the older cars simply get stripped and the parts sold off.

Civics, from 80-96 are the top Honda models Stolen.

Here are a few *cheap and easy* things you can do, if you've already go your car Alarm system.

Window Car Alarm Stickers
    Indicate that your car has an Alarm, but steer away from stickers that promote the use of a particular system; the less they know, the better.

Mark your Car
    If you're planning on keeping your vehcile, engrave personal information, such as initals somewhere inconspicuous. Such as the Boot, or in the Hood, or on the Body of the car.

Interior Siren
    If someone has broken into you car, making it unpleasent will make it not only uncomfortable, but throw them off their game.

Strobe Alarm Indicator
    If you can fit one somewhere that it will show; all the better. You want as much attention brought to your car as possible!

Door Knobs
    Older cars have lock-knobs that have a bulb on the end that allows users to easily unlock cars. This same design helps theives steal cars. Get yours changed if you have them!

Key Locked Petrol Cap
    Although I don't see many around any more, it could definatly be worth doing. Can't go far when they can't fill it up.

Window Etching
    Get the VIN Etched onto your windows. Many new cars already have this done.

Alarm Armed Indicator (Flashing LEDs)
    Having a Visual Deterrance such as an LED means you don't need to be worried about having your car broken, before someone realises there is an Alarm. The Light should be visible from afar!

Don't Attach a Spare Key
    Don't stick a spare key -anywhere- on your vehicle. Theives as part of a routine will check places where a key may be attached.

More Tips!
    More Technical, and other Tips from members:

SiReal: Fuel cut-off switch

aimre: Take out your ECU fuse (if our car will not be used for an extended time).

BIG'O: Fuel pump cut-off switch.

EuroDude:Put a German Shepard in the car (Not sure if RSCPA would approve.. :P)

Mugeneration:
    Tip 1: Take all items (CDs included) out of your car and leave the glove box open so they can see there's nothing worth stealing inside the car.
    Tip 2: If you have a newer head unit that has a removable face plate, go buy a crappy arse head unit (2nd hand if needed) and take the face off of that. Place the crappy face on the deck any time you leave the car, now they think you have a dodgy sound system ;-)
    Tip 3: Always turn you music down and dont rev as hard in the last few kms of your destination. Opportunistic thieves wont be drawn to your car as easily, and your neighbors will thank you.

More to be added, or just read through the thread!
    Last edited by Bayani; 15-07-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Update.
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Good sensible advice!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Nice one. simple yet effective. or better yet, have two cars. one sh1t one and one good one. good one is used ONLY on honda cruises so theives get confused on which car to steal - cos they're all hot, hence less risk for your own car (unless you have the hottest and loudest car) OR you're cruising to chapel/george and dont plan on getting our of your car at all. do a few laps then home time

EDIT: serious note, you could install a fuel cut off switch, immobiliser (cant spell).

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    "Mark your Car"

Its better to get Data Dots instead of engraving your initials. The thieves can easily see the engravement.

Also, you can make your own Immobilizer by hiding a cut switch that cuts off the fuel or ignition etc...
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    take out ur ECU fuse, as if there gonna check that when the car dont start
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    dc teggy
    put a fuel pump switch in. not going anywhere when the switch you've secretely hidden stops the fuel flow. they get 10 metres with whats in the line then have to bail!
    Last edited by BIG`O; 29-01-2007 at 09:16 PM.
    48USE honda integra FOR SALE

see link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...96#post1545396

^^^ lol thats a good one

hey i like this thread...
    anything i can do to stop ppl even thinking about breaking into my car even just to steal parts...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by TRU32U View Post
    hey i like this thread...
    anything i can do to stop ppl even thinking about breaking into my car even just to steal parts...
    ^ put a German Shepard in the car

Get an alarm with a proximity sensor that makes a noise when someone gets close Bit expensive tho
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    put a excessivly loud siren, in your boot and dash.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    ^ put a German Shepard in the car

Get an alarm with a proximity sensor that makes a noise when someone gets close Bit expensive tho

This one you got to be careful of coz when ppl walk past and your car starts chirping and you park your car.. say next to a resturant and ppl walk pass all the time, its gonna annoy someone and then they mite do sumthing bad to your car.. such as key it etc...

If your going to get a sensor like this, make sure you have it adjusted properly so it does not go off everyone someone walks past, only when they put their face on your window etc....

Fit a CO2 fire hydrant to the alarm and choke the scum to death. :-P

Tip 1: Take all items (CDs included) out of your car and leave the glove box open so they can see there's nothing worth stealing inside the car.

Tip 2: If you have a newer head unit that has a removable face plate, go buy a crappy arse head unit (2nd hand if needed) and take the face off of that. Place the crappy face on the deck any time you leave the car, now they think you have a dodgy sound system ;-)

Tip 3: Always turn you music down and dont rev as hard in the last few kms of your destination. Opportunistic thieves wont be drawn to your car as easily, and your neighbors will thank you.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.