Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration View Post
    Yah you can get two kind of paging alarms. Theres the ones that just send a signal from the car to your pager, but they only work within a certain distance from your car. Then theres the other ones where you buy sim cards and they send you an SMS, they'll work anywhere you have phone reception. Pretty cool huh?

Yeah those sirens are insane, ive had one go off outdoors and it was painful, cant imagine how bad they are inside a car. Works well combined with interior fogger combined with a strobe light lol.

The pager i got in my car is a boomerag... tells me what went off.. door, boot, bonnet, shock sensor, microwave, or some idiot knows where to tap on my window to page me.. haha..

So the pager did save me once and already has again a few mths ago... was at work, car in the car park, shock sensor went off.. ran to the car park, got there in 2 mins.. no one there.. one suss mofo 100m away.. suss as in just standing there and no he was not a security guard.

My previous ride had a boomerang but i also got an extra simcard pager with it. From my mobile i could start the car, turn the alarm off/on, call up to see who is in my car, if it is mobile or not as there is a microphone and a speaker in the car as well...

Bu then again, when your car is at home and no one is at home and your on holidays and your mobile is off.. doesnt help... why i say this.. some mofo got to my sound system... gggggRRRRRR

But in the end.. alarm systems are great to have.. also reduces your insurance premium as well...
    Im just working here until a fast food job comes my way...

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    can someone advise how i would go about installing the internal siren...

should it be connecting to the alarm unit or in parallel somehow off the engine bay siren?

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Depends on the system.

Some systems detect changes in currents through the unit.
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by dfekm3 View Post
    best thing to do when parking, watch where you are parking, never in a empty car park, dark car park, no one is around.. coz even if you have an alarm, who is going to hear it..

What saved me once is my pager for my car... someone tried to break in while i was sleeping, pager went off, i bolted down and the tools were gone... i was left with a busted lock...

Another good suggestion I heard is to park between cars rather than behind them. You might be subjected to more bumper scrapes, but who can tow a car thats parked between to other cars front to back?

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    You mean like this?

[____] [_you_] [____] [____]
    =========== Gutter =====

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Moderator - here to help Array
    other things to add:

smoke screen inside the car
    securapost/ballast in your garage/carport
    metal jacket around ignition barrel
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    padlock it to the bin in front of the milk bar

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Do a Bean and take the steering wheel?

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    DIY security, good thread!

heres my sugestions that i also posted in another thread related to car security.

1.Steering lock, a thief is much less likly to break in and steal your car if they have to hacksaw through your steering wheel or through the lock to drive it! Excelent deterent! Rember though, the long end should be wedged between the windscrean and a pillar to be effective.

2. Using a light chain and padlock, put your gear lever in reverse, and chain the dam thing there by rapping the chain around the gear lever and down around the drivers side seat rail and locking it up. They will need to cut the chain or remove the seat to get it out of reverse.

3. Chain your wheels (through the spokes), either to each other, to a light pole, to your control arms, whatever so they cant actually drive it. However this will most likly bring more attention to your car, bringing more harm than good in the form of keying, kicking etc.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    4.slide the drivers seat all the way forward, then lean it all the way forward too. Chain the head rest, to the steering wheel, so they cant sit in the drivers seat! wont really work effectivly if the headrest is removabl though.
    Back from the dead

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    lol muzz, those were all great suggestions, but i assume we are only supposed to do these things when leaving the car outside somewhere for like a week or soemething , not everytime we leave it in the shopping centre carpark to watch a movie or something right? hehe,

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, DC2 VTi-R, CL09
    In addition to all above...

Keep your car empty, empty means no bag, no laptop no expensive stuff or anything valuable inside the car that is visible from outside. Even coins can attract thieves.

When you park, take out one of the sparkplug cables or ecu fuse and take it with you. The car wont start without these things.