EG Civic Low Fuel Light

Hi guys justy wondering if you anyone can help me.
    I have just recently bought a 1995 EG5 Civic VTi hatch and for some reason the Low Fuel Light doesnt work, i took of the cluster and checked the globe and it tested OK what else would be wrong with it. Also is this a common fault with the Civics has anyone out there had the same problem and fixed it?

have u checked the fuse ?

have u tried resetting the ecu ?

i dunno if there is a float in the tank .. but u could try moving that . to c if it does anything.. if not that might b farked.. coz that sends a reading to show the level.. but i guess if ur guage is showing full and does move then the float should b working

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    maybe u had ebough fuel in it, only comes on when theres about 6L left
    Ctrl + W

Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    maybe u had ebough fuel in it, only comes on when theres about 6L left
    I ran the tank dry man and no light came on.

Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT] View Post
    have u checked the fuse ?

have u tried resetting the ecu ?

i dunno if there is a float in the tank .. but u could try moving that . to c if it does anything.. if not that might b farked.. coz that sends a reading to show the level.. but i guess if ur guage is showing full and does move then the float should b working
    Yeah the float is working fine otherwise the guage wouldnt work at all and i dont think the ECU has anything to do with the guage light.
    Also there is no fuse for the light either.

yeha my EG got same prob man.... I think its pretty common prob. ...

i'm gonna be changing dash soon so not too worried. let us know if u find the prob.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    not sure if this help for you but worked for me

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57643

Found out last week what the problem is guys, i removed the sender unit from the tank which is located under your rear seat and noticed it wall all brown from all the sh*t in the tank over the years.
    I also saw a very small sensor next to the floater and guessed that that wasn't working so i just went to the local wreckers and bought a whole new sender unit for $30.00 which looked much cleaner then mine put it in and problem solved now the fuel light comes on when it's low on fuel.
    So basically the sensor sh*t it's self and the whole unit needs to be replaced as they dont seperate from eachother.
    I also called Honda in Heidleberg and they wanted $110.00 Trade price for a new one, so for $30.00 you really can't go wrong with second hand parts.