Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury

Steering vibration

Has anyone experienced a vibration in the steering wheel when idling and the a/c compressor cuts-in?
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    No vibration here in my 06.......
    ................................so far......
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Me neither.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Not in the steering wheel but there is a small vibration in the accelerator for the first couple seconds.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    Not in the steering wheel but there is a small vibration in the accelerator for the first couple seconds.
    Yeah I felt it too. Is it normal?
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |

when starting the aircond felt a short blittzzzzz.....

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro76 View Post
    Yeah I felt it too. Is it normal?
    I believe so, it's not like it lasts for minutes or shakes your foot off the pedal. I think because the Euro is so smooth that any vibration gets detected.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    I believe so, it's not like it lasts for minutes or shakes your foot off the pedal. I think because the Euro is so smooth that any vibration gets detected.
    RE: Steering vibration when a/c cuts-in at idle

The vibration wasn't present when the car was new. Owners of new cars probably haven't felt it (yet).

Honda had someone "speak" to me. He was visiting Darwin from Brisbane and he took me for a drive in my car and said that the problem was there but Honda would not do anything about it. It was quite a patronising experience. It was almost like he was tapping me on the head and saying there-there now, just go away and live with it.

In case you're all wondering how a steering vibration is connected to the a/c then consider that both the power steering pump and the a/c compressor are driven by the same auxilliary belt.

The local dealer went to great and commendable efforts (with no reimbursement from Honda) to try and fix it; including one mechanic temporarily swapping the power steering pump from his Euro into my car. This only proved that it wasn't the power steering pump that was causing the vibration in the steering wheel. It did not rule out the a/c compressor being the culprit.

The vibration detracts from a smooth car and Honda's attitude is not acceptable.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Mine gives a slight vibration but its hardy noticable. Seems normal to me
    .© ♪