Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Vti

!Audio help! Subwoofer Installation for my Civic 8th gen.

I'm thinking about Installing a Subwoofer into my Civic 8th gen. I'm just wondering if anyone has installed a sub on a 8th gen and knows where's the best place to feed the power cable through the firewall? thanks for your help.

Member Array
    Car:
    1991 Crx
    not sure about on an 8th gen but i've allways run through on the pasengers side under the carpet you don't want it behind your pedals get under your car if you can and look at the engine side of the fire wall as you need to keep it low in the interior side! please use thick power cabel 4 awg and up i put a sub in my work van and didn't want to spend more then i had to so i ran wires in a normal extension lead. if it can carry 240v it can carry 12v right?... Wrong it melted and i'm lucky i didn't shock myself touching my van
    Australian Motorsport and Car Culture...
    http://gripshiftslide.com

http://www.facebook.com/Gripshiftslide

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90

Give you any idea?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Run Power down one side and audio down the other. Ive got my 4 channel amp and Audio Control LC6 mounted behind the back seats.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Vti
    Thanks for your help guys. Cheers!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    i started my audio install today, pretty slow progress but getting there eventually. found the hole shown in the pic above, fed the power cable through, but now i have 2 problems:

1) how do i get a grommet in that hole? there's too much padding around the hole to get enough working space.

2) how do i get the cable from there up to the battery?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    use screw driver to widen hole bend more and more at the metal, and to get cable to get to battery PULL! lol take photo of place where u put the hole and I can tell you from there if ya want
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    the hole itself is big enough (can almost stick my thumb through it) it's just getting the damn grommet in there that's the problem.

pulling the cable through was what i tried first, except i had no way of actually reaching the power cable (the hole i used was right behind the engine.)

any other 06 civic owners have any tips?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    lol whyd you put it behinde engine? how stupid you will melt the cable lol I put myn on passenger side, there should be hole there or make one and make sure you dont hit anythin lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    my engine is R18, so that might explain how can I get the cable from there to the battery.. you can see it clearly in the engine bay.. however, if you jack the car.. you should be able to get the cable from beneath..
    and.. I don't use any grommet.. no more space around.. can't be bothered..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by wassup View Post
    Run Power down one side and audio down the other. Ive got my 4 channel amp and Audio Control LC6 mounted behind the back seats.
    highly recommended, stupid me did them all in the same. lucky no interference cause i spent a fortune on the wiring

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by Aco3n View Post
    my engine is R18, so that might explain how can I get the cable from there to the battery.. you can see it clearly in the engine bay.. however, if you jack the car.. you should be able to get the cable from beneath..
    and.. I don't use any grommet.. no more space around.. can't be bothered..
    ahh that's true, the 1.8 would have more room to work than the 2.0... forgot about that.

not too enthusiastic about getting under the car with it only being held up with the jack... if i do have to resort to that i'll go and borrow some ramps from a mate, but i'll try again tonight and see how i go