Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HI all...if u dont know what this is i dont know y u are here...

actually...theres a first for everyone ! Its a CARBING tie bar...YES !

BTW ALL civic owners (and all car owners really!) should invest in a proper suspension setup like mine or similar...tie bar, front and rear strut tower bars, thicker swaybar, polyuerethene bushes etc...and ofcourse decent aftermarket suspension ! . . . makes a HELL of a difference to ur driving ability. 8)

Now...i just cant wait to install it *DAM NIGHT TIME* lol

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Nice Ben.......but does the car feel any different?.....oops forgot, you haven't put it in yet! LOL

Wait till you get that sway bar, it'll be like a new car
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    Whered you source that from.

I have a 89 civic with KYB racing struts and KMAC springs.

What do you recon the next step would be? Rear sway bar?

Cheers

i sourced it from a very good friend / personal importer... 8)

Would normally cost around $250.00 landed to ur doorstep....

But a wise investment !

For ur car mate ? For all FWD's its best to stiffen up the rear to decrease understeer and hopefully make the car more neutral.

With - rear strut tower brace , thick(er) rear swaybar ( most important) , polyeurethene bushes , lower tie bar ( like mine ) and many other things...

there is many bits and peices u can go out and buy...but the best its are far too expexnsive and or just not in this country ( just like this tie bar i picked up :P) So its best to go have a chat with Whiteline -

www.whiteline.com.au

And see how they can make ur car turn harder and better !

Take it from here !

Ben 8)

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    yeh good old whiteline

Thanks for your advice man. Much appreciated

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I wonder why people don't start off with a bigger sway bar. That is the best bang for you bucks (instead of fiddling around with tie bars and strut braces) *cOuGH* BEN *CouGH* hehe
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin

BTW ALL civic owners (and all car owners really!) should invest in a proper suspension setup like mine or similar...tie bar, front and rear strut tower bars, thicker swaybar, polyuerethene bushes etc...and ofcourse decent aftermarket suspension ! . . . makes a HELL of a difference to ur driving ability. 8)

Yawnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Member Array
    Car:
    Stolen DC2R
    nice buy on the tie bar ben, but whens that adjustable suspension coming!! :lol:

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    I wonder why people don't start off with a bigger sway bar. That is the best bang for you bucks (instead of fiddling around with tie bars and strut braces) *cOuGH* BEN *CouGH* hehe
    yeah but it sez CARBING man! heavy duty Jap shit! :P Just like my ITR front strut... just that Type R sticker improves my handling by at least 145%...
    almost spent $210 on a front Carbing strut awhile back...wonder how much better it would have been? :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by eknine
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin

Yawnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pfft...shoosh up man...just hopin it mite help the doods here....alot of people go for looks in their car first, not the handling...so i wus tryin to help.

8) Anyway...I just got excited about it lol... not like u see this on every civic everyday

Anyway, PEACE !

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eknine
    Yawnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    What he said x 2 :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

I run a Spoon strut brace, big deal. The only reason I run it is because spunkmunky found it for me at a wreckers and it was designed for an EF8.

If not, I would have gone with a non-brand name that did the job just as well.

Brand name = waste of money over a sticker :P
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

uh huh - but its ok wen u only pay $100 for a brand new brand compared to $250 lol

Nite ! :wink: