Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Would you consider a XR6 Turbo

As a replacement for the Euro as many seems to crave for more power and torque..... a turbo gives more power for your money, and now the price of a XR6 is quite low.... I would say comparable to the Euro.

Only you get higher FC, lower resale value, (not sure about the trims), but the office holden that I always drive, creaks and rattles like a old jalopeeeee

Most deffinately... I was a bees dick away from buying one a few months ago, insurance costs scared me away though.
    Great car if you can come to terms with insurance.

I've noticed that office vehicles tend to be used and abused, hence they rattle and squeak a little more than normal cars... that said, fit and finish of the aussie built products still seem a generation behind the japs.
    And so it begins...

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    xr6 turbo nicee..

i would go that if i had to choose something turbo'd

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    As a replacement for the Euro as many seems to crave for more power and torque..... a turbo gives more power for your money, and now the price of a XR6 is quite low.... I would say comparable to the Euro.

Only you get higher FC, lower resale value, (not sure about the trims), but the office holden that I always drive, creaks and rattles like a old jalopeeeee
    I know a few guys that have them.Fun to drive but i think tron07 covered well some of the reasons why you wouldn't buy one!

only if i can live with the 17lt/100km thrist...

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    do you pay for your own fuel?

that would be a big concern

a friend just took delivery of a brand spanking new xr6, not the turbo version however.

the build quality is ok, its not as good as a euro, but it is still quite good.

the ride its imo more comfortable than a euro, probably just because it is a bigger car. you do however lose a lot of sharpness in the steering, but gain the effortless driving that comes with having that much torque.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    mate of mine swapped his S15 for an XR6 turbo, unsure why he did it though....the interior is shocking (he has the blue one and the seats look like blue vomit) from bad experiences with Ford I have vowed never to buy one ever again

I'm not a fan of them. Large cars and big engines aren't my cup of tea.

1.6LTR for the win

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    xr6 turbo is nice indeed.. but for me prefer a japanese car

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz,05 Civic,06 Civic
    I'd get one, but mainly because my mechanic knows them inside out, after having raced in them for a couple of seasons

From the grouse of euro owners of the euro being not powerful enough and not rwd... the XR6 turbo is the answer...

Power and FC dont go hand in hand.....
    XR6T is 12.3l/100km, while Euro is 9.Xl/100km
    but you get 245kw Vs. 140kw and 450nm torque Vs. 223nm.

If you are talking about 1.6 or small cars, then its in another market, not the euro or mid-large sedan.

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    there pretty decent value for money, horrible resale, trim quality is ok new but they get dodgy fast!

i know a few guys with Xr6t's with around 300kw atw, quick enough and bloody cheap to get them that quick but in the end there still a falcon and worth nothing after a few years
    Bwwwwoooommmp