Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: k24 eg

k24 eg

hey,
    thinking about puttin a k24 in my eg.. ( i can get a halfcut cheap ) just curious as to weather or not a stock k24 is going to be sufficiant or would i need a k20 head to really see performance! i know the 24 will have loads more torque, but is it powerfull enough in its own right??

anyone done this in an eg civ on here?

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Man check out a honda_b_blastin's build in gallers, 2 years in the makeing

Very very expensive build provided you can even find the parts...

depends also what you consider cheap, i have never herd of just a k20a engine for anything less then 5 - 6 grand and thats only the beginning....

i think you need to evaluate your budget and your power goals as what your talking about IMO is nothing less then a 15 - 20grand project (done properly) if you are useing other people labour too... maybe a bit less if you get some good deals along the way, and do alot of the work yourself...

also i dont think there would be much point doing just a k24 conversion, you would really need to combine it with a k20a head

anyway good luck ! hope you get the project off the ground
    Last edited by Sexc86; 22-04-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    if you got honda accord euro k24a3 , you dont really need to change the head. Im in the process of dropping k24a to my EG hatch
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    yeah if it's from a euro i wouldnt bother messing about with the head. in the small chasis of the eg it would be very nice
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    if you got honda accord euro k24a3 , you dont really need to change the head. Im in the process of dropping k24a to my EG hatch
    test drive

so there is a fair bit of a difference in the crv and euro k24's..
    coz i've been offered a k24 (complete halfcut) from a crv for under 2k.. which to me sounds to good to be true..
    if i was to use this, and put a k20 head on it and make it a frank motor it should make up the difference?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    i seen euro front cuts for a lil over $4k

they can do low 13s in EGs with minimal mods

you also need a dc5 6speed gearbox with that, dont know if anyone has done a full euro engine/gearbox swap yet. I've been in an eg with stock Euro k24/dc5 6speed and 1st gear is like driving in the wet, 2nd gear is a bit better but the most concerning part is the 7100rpm redline feels like the fun is just happening then the limiter kills it, but despite of this its still a monster to drive and very quick, rolling torque feels like a V8.
    So if your a rpm junkie you need to build up that k24 = Dollars

Member Array
    Car:
    k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    ok mate i own a delsol with a k24/k20 and mate you will love it...
    its just filled with torque in 6th speed you can be just cruising it then just put your leg down it will just put you back into your seats..
    if ya wanna know anything about it the goods and bad about it send me a pm and il be more then happy to give you the probs i went through in my build....

peace MRK24R
    12.103@111mph