Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R 97

Prelude 5th Gen RWD Conversion

Im a RWD guy my self, and now since owning a FWD i cant have as much fun as a RWD and surely cant afford a RWD Vtec (S2000) is it possible to convert 5th gen to a RWD? or if so anyone know a place that does it..?

Member Array
    Car:
    A few...
    Yes you can do it, nobody does it. It would cost you more than buying an S2000 anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Prelude
    There's a bloke in the US whose done it (he's on Hondatech or something) but the money involved would be cheaper to turbo your S2000.

And I disagree with you, my Prelude is far more fun than I've ever had in a RWD car. BUt then again, oversteer does nothing for me.
    "The sign of a good quote is that it has inverted commas at each end"
    -Shaun Micallef

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R 97
    when you look at the s2000 engine it just looks like the engine has span around, i work with cars my self i mean if it costs under 5k im planning of gettng it done.. just imagine a prelude rwd would be nice!

This guy on Honda Tech did it with a 4g. Great read! However, not really a Prelude in the end is it ... still, big ups to him!

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    will cost alot more than 5k but that isnt the problen - the problem is rego
    and ofcorse the steering rak is in the way witch will reqire serious modding to the front so is a problem

its a big problem in NSW
    and as far as i kno rego wont happen!!!
    tightass goverment scum!!!

i'm interested as well.. let me know if u done it... hehehe... just want to make the car different than any others out there... hehe... it's so fancy... but sooo much work!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    get yourself a 180, 32,33,34,
    easy solves your quesiton if u willing to pay up to 5k.. hmmz yes sell your prelude and get a 34.. excellent 34 is good

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R 97
    i have had a 200sx,33,34 they all great cars but i wanna try modding up something diffrent.. i cant afford a s2000 rwd vtec so i think i want to c how a prelude would hold up rwd hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude '89 & CRV '99
    graft a lude shell onto a nissan chassis. Good luck with the engineers and RTA.
    If it breaks or wears out it's time to upgrade it.
    Prelude Australia
    Garage

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    graft a lude shell onto a nissan chassis. Good luck with the engineers and RTA.
    this makes the most sence,, buy a s13 , thrw away the car and weld on the running gear, yes whole car because ull probably need stupid little things like steering rack, front hubs,feul tank, ect

but still u wont get rego, theres a specific part in the rta manual that sais u cant register a fwd as a rwd

so heres what u should do,, cancel the rego, get a blu slip, do the job and get fresh rego

Member Array
    Car:
    A few...
    You will only need an engineers certificate!

Do it! I dare ya!