JDM B16 stock Headers

Hey Guys!

ive been having this debate with a performance mate of mine who built the GRP K20 Civic(fastest NA civic on street tyres in Aust: ran a 11.5 i think)

the debate circles around the Headers in the Jap spec B16 that i own...he states that these are just about the best headers before going down the expensive track and getting Toda etc headers. just wondering if anyone in here has had experience with these headers.

Common sense would tell me that even some X-Force 4-2-1 headers would be better than the stock headers, but he states that that is untrue....

would anyone being to shed some light on this one for me plz?

thanks

Chris

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    yeah your mate is a little lost bro. stock b16 headers suck.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    The only good headers from Honda is the JDM ITR (98+) maybe that's what he was on about..

Quote Originally Posted by LUD35 View Post
    Hey Guys!

ive been having this debate with a performance mate of mine who built the GRP K20 Civic(fastest NA civic on street tyres in Aust: ran a 11.5 i think)

the debate circles around the Headers in the Jap spec B16 that i own...he states that these are just about the best headers before going down the expensive track and getting Toda etc headers. just wondering if anyone in here has had experience with these headers.

Common sense would tell me that even some X-Force 4-2-1 headers would be better than the stock headers, but he states that that is untrue....

would anyone being to shed some light on this one for me plz?

thanks

Chris
    Each to there own in the way they do things but with comments like that does he really know anything about Honda's.And what did he build in the G&J AH Civic as the car was built here in Sydney by ALLMTR a few years ago and all the boys did was fit the K series setup and paint it everything else was/is as they got the car.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^^LOL owned. how stupid of the mate to boast to a guy whose a member of Honda forum hahaha.

i must say though, the primaries do suck on the B16a but the secondaries look pretty decent in sizing.

However, which header does the B16B have? i thought they also had the JDM ITR headers and the thread starter didn't specify which B16 it was

the B16B comes with a cast style manifold similar to the B16a.
    Probably larger 4-2 primary section but who knows ?!?
    For bang for buck look for a 98+ spec JDM DC2 ITR header.

yeah the secondaries are huge, they look pretty decent in sizing, but the primaries are piss.

thanks for the information guys!! really helped me