Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

How many litres of Honda MTF will i need to fill up DC5R gearbox?

Hey guys how many litres of Honda MTF will i need to fill up gearbox? thankkss..

Car is 02 DC5R

think its 2.5l - wait for someone here to clarify grant.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    specs in owners manual say 1.5l for a change and 1.7l total capacity

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    serious how come mine got filled up using 3.5 litres or something of redline light weight shock proof i bought a 4 litre bottle and they ended up using most of it?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm guessing they kept some for themselves or they filled it up using the wrong hole and most of it ended up coming back out when the test drove the car.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

according to honda-tech its 3 quarts ( 2.8 litres) .
    Dosent really matter , as when you fill it up the exact amount
    will top it and any extra will leak back out the side fill hole.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    anyone get grinds with honda MTF? I think before when i was using it I was getting harsh gear grinds thats why i transfered to redline shock proof light weight...

not getting any grinds in mine. unless i screw up lol (but that never happens )

changed the MTF not too long ago and i think the B16 box took about 2.5 ish litres. (bought three bottles and have a little left)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5R
    You don't need more than 2 bottles.(not sure how much is one 1 bottle). i used two bottles and had about a quarter-to-half bottle left over. Honda overcharges you for more liquid than you need in their services.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessionz View Post
    anyone get grinds with honda MTF? I think before when i was using it I was getting harsh gear grinds thats why i transfered to redline shock proof light weight...
    I think the grinding was a synchro problem in the DC5R gearbox. No problem with using MTF in the 6-speed manual from the k24a3.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by obsessionz View Post
    Recently I've been getting grinds or find it hard to shift from 1st to 2nd gear. It's worst when the car is cold and gradually gets better once the car is warmed up.

I am thinking about changing to redline gearbox oil myself.

Does it do the trick?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Well the grinds go.... and its much smoother oil... but still notchy when cold... i think ill stick to redline...