Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR

Posting Problems - Habit suggestion for when solved

I know this may fall on deaf ears as most members probably don't even check here or read sticky's.

But out of genuine concern for members when i post on any forum, If i have a thread on a problem and it has been solved...

I add to either the original post or the post with the solution the following:

Search Keywords: ICM, Ignition Control Module, Ignitor, Igniter, high rpm misfire, no start, no spark, stall, stalling, engine cut out, tacho signal, rpm, over revving

This way every possible way of describing an issue can be covered and therefore makes searching easier... especially when non-normal issues arise and where part numbers are involved.

I duno just a suggestion for everyone to maybe make a habit of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

yeah i noticed you did that.

i like it

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    yeah i noticed you did that.

i like it
    lol thanks.

the only problem i have with searching is when i type "crx".. never finds anything coz its too short or something... so naything relating to our cars i always label Del Sol hehe
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

yeah either that or gen2 or gen3

4 letter minimum is crapola

Member Array
    Car:
    RustBox
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    lol thanks.

the only problem i have with searching is when i type "crx".. never finds anything coz its too short or something... so naything relating to our cars i always label Del Sol hehe
    only the yanks use DEL SOL.. i seriously dont get why most call it delsols down here.

its like calling acura a honda here in aus.. anywhos.. dont mind, its nearly 3am!

anywhos, great idea but no1 would really care
    ٩( ͡๏̯͡๏)۶ www.crxaustralia.com ಠ_ಠ

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Minimum search is 4 characters, next time you do a search which has less than 4 characters add in a * at the end. The * act's as a wild card and you should be able to search for what you need.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    That is a great idea dsp26 however it's almost near impossible to communicate this to our members, especially the new ones.
    Look at the for sale section for instance, templates - PLEASE USE OR ELSE IT GETS DELETED - and look at how many threads still get canned.

Keep doing wat youre doing mate, its a great start
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    lol thanks.

If searching 3 letter words just use an wildcard after the last letter.

Ie for CRX type CRX*
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Maybe make a point of that on the search page?
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Unless its part of the new version of vB (ie it's NOT a hack/mod) I probably won't look at installing it as we want to keep mods/hacks to a bare minimum.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    yeah thanks for the "*" tip... didn't realise this was a vb function.

and yeah i don't get why some people are so thick in the 4 sale sect... feel sorry for q_ball.... the current template you guys have up is like the current standard on every other forum and is heaps easier.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    farking looooool!!!

found a new use for it here in the Hot Chicks thread bahahaha
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...postcount=2317