Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe

Arrow Random Alarm.. EVERY Single Night!!! Ridiculos!

hey guys... looking for some ideas or suggestions.

I have a pretty good brand/model alarm system in my EJ8 civic. But ever since i've owned the car, the alarm will consistenly randomly go off. For a while i just turned the siren off and all was fine.

Lately i've decided to turn the siren back on as my interior has much more value now, and my area can be pretty dodgy.
    Since i've turned the siren back on, and it has been getting colder, My alarm will go off pretty much everynight without fail, either late at night, or early in the morning.
    I have complaints from neighbours, i have security at work calling me and complaining that my alarm is always going off, and i am sick of running out of apartment block naked and half asleep to turn it off.

Noone is attempting to break into my car, and when i try to set off the alarm my self i cant do it?! like i shake the car, knock the doors, mirrors, windows....nothing!!
    WTF..
    I am leaning towards gremlins being the cause at the moment, cause i cant find anything this.. and gremlins can be bitches.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK1 GLi
    Funny you mentioned gremlins cause once when I parked my car on the streets on a cold night, the central locking linked to the alarm suddenly f'ed up and won't unlock at all... had to use the good old fashion keys to unlock the car!
    Then a few days later it's fine again!

Gremlins I tells ya!!!

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Often the source of the problem is the hood switch.
    Check that is is secure & the wiring running to it is not frayed or able to earth other than via the switch.
    If the wire connection leading to it is expose, this can offer a potential grounding point.
    (It's the one that looks like a compressible pin under the bonnet)
    Hope that helps
    Cheers
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    I'll check the hood switch first. Thanks mate

Member Array
    Car:
    RustBox
    cats perhaps?

my cat is always jumpin around my car and setting it off, its like a game for them
    ٩( ͡๏̯͡๏)۶ www.crxaustralia.com ಠ_ಠ

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    actually there are 4-5 cats around my apartment block. sons of bitches.. maybe it is them

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Often the source of the problem is the hood switch.
    Check that is is secure & the wiring running to it is not frayed or able to earth other than via the switch.
    If the wire connection leading to it is expose, this can offer a potential grounding point.
    (It's the one that looks like a compressible pin under the bonnet)
    Hope that helps
    Cheers
    i agree... but it could be any of the door switches being dodgy as well as the boot.... i kept taking mine back to the installers as we initially though it was my shock & microwave sensors.

if it was cats however you'd find scratch marks all over your bonnet. usually coz its the warmest part of your car when you get home late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz,05 Civic,06 Civic
    Another couple of things to check - adjust the sensitivity, check ultrasonics , etc etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    havnt got ultrasonics. And not sure how to adjust sensitivity..any pointers?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Yeah, sounds very much like what happened to me. It's particularly bad during the colder months. What i ended up doing was disconnecting the bonnet switch altogether as there's nothing under there that anyone would want to take although i guess it'd be just as easy to do what TODA AU suggests.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    could it be the wiring getting dry jointed or short circuited..?
    i mean since your cars in a cold place, moisture could build up in the wires..

just my 2cents but

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by tommmoe View Post
    could it be the wiring getting dry jointed or short circuited..?
    i mean since your cars in a cold place, moisture could build up in the wires..

just my 2cents but
    I was thinking this as well... cept would take a whole day and al lot of crap to find a shorting wire.. ohh boo