Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2007

Fuel Consumption

HI friends,

I've bought my new honda euro 07 on may 26th 2007.
    My odometer reading indicates 390 km and the tank if almost empty.
    I was pretty sure the tank was full when i drove the car out from the showroom (65lts).

Please advise.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

thanking you in adv

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro CL9 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by n_san5 View Post
    I was pretty sure the tank was full when i drove the car out from the showroom (65lts).
    I find that my fuel gauge shows almost full for the first 100-150km into a tank of fuel. It wouldn't surprise me if your dealer knew this and only put ~50L into the tank.

Further to that, if your low-fuel light hasn't come on yet, you have in excess of 8 litres (or thereabouts) left in the tank - important when doing a calculation of fuel consumption. What does the trip computer say?

Also - the car is brand new and the engine is tight. Expect some reasonably heavy fuel consumption figures before the engine is properly run in.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Agreed ^^

Also some dealers put 91 ron unleaded in before delivery (standard yard petrol) which would increase consumption.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    [QUOTE=aday;1220619Also - the car is brand new and the engine is tight. Expect some reasonably heavy fuel consumption figures before the engine is properly run in.[/QUOTE]
    I agree.It'll improve after a few tank fills.

Currently the fuel warning lights are on, on the trip meter, only left 9km before empty. Distance drove is just pass 500km for a full tank of RON98 petrol. Town driving most of the time, 40-60km zones.

On highways, I should manage 700-800km on a full tank.

i can barely crack 500km mix highway/urban driving if i dont use air con and baby it around

normally consumption is between 10.5 - 11.5 L / 100km...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by n_san5 View Post
    HI friends,

I've bought my new honda euro 07 on may 26th 2007.

Please advise.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

thanking you in adv
    They don't fill your tank all the way to the top. They fill only to the full mark. Between the full mark and the top, there is about 100-150km worth of fuel.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro MY06 Std Auto
    My dealer took me to the petrol station when I picked up the car and filled it till the pump clicked with RON98.

Don't worry about the fuel consumption, I was worried too when the car was new. Now with 10,000km on it, I get about 9-10L/100km mix highway and city, 12L/100km with only stop start traffic jam. I went to country rotation for uni last month and got it down to 7L/100km.. tried really hard to crack it to 6.9L/100km but couldn't. The car has best consumption on highway at 110km/h. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    I got a question. How many km different between air-cond on all the time and air-cond off all the time?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2007
    Thanks guys...will keep a track

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury
    i use optimax and the range i get as soon as i feel up is just 550km.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    this has been discussed plenty of times :-)

you WILL get better fuel consumption as your engine wears in. I have 55K and get 650km/tank using caltex vortex premium city/freeway mix driving

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold