Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls

Received an infraction for a rep given to a DIY thread? Discuss it here

i am concerned with receiving infractions from a mod for rep that was given in a DIY thread.

it is up to the individual user to subjectively asses the worth of the post accordingly, and however clear cut it might seem to mods or others, they should not have the right to give infraction points for rep that was given in the correct section, as the result of a post which the individual user believes is poor.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    What thread/post did you rep?
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...05&postcount=2

i can see how other people might disagree about giving it rep, but the reality is the point of the rep system is, and i quote "You can decide whether to give a good 'rep' point or poor 'rep' point using this guideline:

Positive - Post is on point, informative or interesting
    Negative - Post gives wrong information"

Clearly says its up to me to decide

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    i got a warning point for giving neg rep for starting a useless thread.

but I don't mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    yeah i wouldnt really care about getting it if it didnt have the potential to get me banned if i get another incorrectly justified one

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    HAHAHAHA, why you repped that post is debatable...but yeh...i dont know about giving an infraction about it...

Guess we'll have to wait a lil while longer for the mod that did it to justify it.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    HAHAHAHA, why you repped that post is debatable...but yeh...i dont know about giving an infraction about it...

Guess we'll have to wait a lil while longer for the mod that did it to justify it.
    lol im glad you at least see that it might be questionable.

at the end of the day though, the mod doesnt have the power to decide my 'state of mind' and therefore nomatter what his personal opinion, the fact that the rep was in the correct section, and not the lounge, justifies it

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Let us discuss it in the Mod section and come back to you. Am I right in saying that you beleive it falls into the "helpful" post category below? As telling someone to put the thread in the DIY section doesn't appaer to fall into the knowledgeable/tech post category.

When/where to give PQ points?
    Given that the system is to be used for knowledgable/technical/helpful posts, it is not to be used for posts made in the lounge or the Photoshop/Photography forum as these are off topic areas.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When/where to give PQ points?
    Given that the system is to be used for knowledgable/technical/helpful posts, it is not to be used for posts made in the lounge or the Photoshop/Photography forum as these are off topic areas.
    Also, "helpful" in that context means that it helps with the problem or question that the threadstarter had.

For that post, I wouldn't have given a point. But the infarction was a bit harsh.
    Last edited by aaronng; 20-06-2007 at 09:21 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Let us discuss it in the Mod section and come back to you. Am I right in saying that you beleive it falls into the "helpful" post category below? As telling someone to put the thread in the DIY section doesn't appaer to fall into the knowledgeable/tech post category.
    yep thats right, my argument is essentially that:

a)i agree that the fact that the basis for the neg rep is open to debate, and am not arguing the content of the post itself

b) it is my right to decide whether the post deserves + or - rep as long as i only give rep in the appropriate sections ie tech threads.

c) my subjective decision should not be open to judgement as it was made in accordance with the reputation system rules

cheers for following it up-

yeah i got one 10 points/6 months for giving rep in the lounge.. fair enough i shouldnt have done it..

but at the same time i thought it was a bit rough, ive been on the forums for almost 3 years, never stuffed up once, never started any crap and most of the time im the one telling the guys to stop the crap/flamming. then i get hit with that for making one mistake...

i dunnno, its only fair i got some sort of warning but 10 points/6 months, just though it was a bit slack.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    ... nomatter what his personal opinion, the fact that the rep was in the correct section, and not the lounge, justifies it
    Not really. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Also, "helpful" in that context means that it helps with the problem or question that the threadstarter had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    b) it is my right to decide whether the post deserves + or - rep as long as i only give rep in the appropriate sections ie tech threads.
    Just to elaborate again that the rep/PQ system is to be used in the technical/model specific forums but only for technical posts or posts helping out the thread starter / another user in a technical manner. I.e You can't give someone a +rep/PQ point if they explain to another user how to upload attachments for example (just because the post is in a technical forum).

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    yeah i got one 10 points/6 months for giving rep in the lounge.. fair enough i shouldnt have done it..
    Well atleast you know that what you did was wrong Nikki

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    but at the same time i thought it was a bit rough, ive been on the forums for almost 3 years, never stuffed up once, never started any crap and most of the time im the one telling the guys to stop the crap/flamming. then i get hit with that for making one mistake...

i dunnno, its only fair i got some sort of warning but 10 points/6 months, just though it was a bit slack.
    I might look at changing the rules such that you have to give a warning for the first misuse of the PQ points system. We take the system very seriously hence why we are quite serious about it

ANyways...... Mr_Will, getting back to the poin. You had a few dubious PQ points given the way of Bludger which (unfortunately) i've deleted, otherwise I'd post a screenshot here. I probably picked the wrong one to give you an infraction point for though so for this case I might reverse it depending on what the other mods say in the mods corner.

I think I'll have to make the thread explaining the PQ points system a bit clearer as it seems some are still a bit confused as when to use it and when not to.

-Win
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq