Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi

but it was worth it. Rufes1 and i installed a new heavy duty clutch and lightened flywheel (ACT Streetlite 12lbs) the past few days. The install was quite smooth, it was our first and a good learning experience. took about 4hrs to get the gearbox out, and 6hrs to get it in with a new flywheel and clutch. No broken bolts, i aligned he clutch by sight (as no one sells cheap alinment tools anymore!) But it worked out good in the end. (my old clutch plate was glazed and worn as hell! only 25k on it also!)

Only problem during the install was electrical. I shorted a wire for couple of seconds which ended up draining my battery -- little did we know It would mean the starter would not have enough power to start the car, but it did click. So after removing the starter again and testingit out of the car we deicded to charge it up cause we thought even though it was holding 12v, it didnt have he amperage to spin the flywheel.

Feel? Well ive only been boosting 6-7psi while i wear in the clutch but it grips a hellov lot better. Surprisingly, its alot lighter then my old clutch! The flywheel rocks. Love it to death. ALl cars should come stock with these things! Rev's are soo much smoother, and considerably faster. THe synco's seem like they are doing less work also, downshifting without rev mathcing results in almost instant 1000-4000rpm jump! Really funky. Onl bad part is, there is considerably less engine braking, which i am still getting used to..

So to sum up, when u do ur clutch, defaiuntly get a flywheel! lol it cost me $280 SHIPPED off ebay![/acronym]
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    what a funny ****..

the DIY KING

good work WEQ
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Looking good Johnny boy!!

Hows the clutch biting? Puting all that power down nicely I take it?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    man, the clutch is so light! rufes1 thinks the clutch is biting well, and i defaintly feel it holding alot better. I havnt really opened her up yet because i wanna bed it in well.. i'll tell u how she chirps when i put a couple of hundred K's on it!

Hardest part of the install was getting the gearbox back on. Dodgy as with no engine lift or a jack that reached high enough without plenty of bricks under it p So yeah, it was bench press time! Oh yeah another tip for any other DIY's out thier, remove both driveshfts! Trying to line up a driveshaft ANd install it properly + input shaft + benchpress gearbox + attach bellhousing bolts, isnt a as easy as it sounds! lol..

Big thanks to rufes. He had that gentle touch with the hammer that i wouldnt of had the balls to attempt! Some parts just need keen pounding to get em out!

CIV73C
    nice job!!.

wat exactli does the flywheel do??

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by CIV73C";p="106234
    nice job!!.

wat exactli does the flywheel do??

www.howstuffworks.com

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Awesome stuff Jon. I see you've got the Craig David facial hair going...
    $280 shipped off EBay? Did you evade tax again? :P
    That's an awesome price, and AFAIK ACT is a very respected brand over in the US....

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    yeah no tax..

re goaty: gf was on holidays so i was growing it out.. she dosnt like it so its comming off tonight !

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Bwahah..........I thought it was grease!

Its not Johnny.....its one of the three muskateers!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    hahahha , manual gear boxes arnt very heavy but way a tonn when trying to lift em into the car all by your self and alighn them

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    nice job weg. you have inspired a me and a couple of my mate. we about to do an engine swap on a EG civic. i read this http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cswap/swap.php and they make it seem piss easy so we gonna do it
    KK24AA

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    LOL... oh god.. "b18c to the balls..."
    I hope at least one of you is mechanically minded...

EDIT: P.S - It's WEQ.