Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Type S Alarm System

Hay Guys,
    I'm looking into getting Kpro fitted to go along with my Exhaust and Intake.
    After doing some research i have learnt that the standard immobilizer wont function. After speaking with some people they have all recommended fitting an after-market alarm system. Now to my question,

Just looking for recommendations (obviously don't tell me what alarm YOU have for safety reason) I'm looking for something that will use the standard Type S key and buttons. ( dont really want to have a separate remote)

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    it wont work with the standard alarm? is this for dc5R aswell?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    I recommend if you dont want a separate control, Get a Rhino TransRam. look at it on the Rhino Page ^

Quote Originally Posted by Mattski_VTIR View Post
    Hay Guys,
    I'm looking into getting Kpro fitted to go along with my Exhaust and Intake.
    After doing some research i have learnt that the standard immobilizer wont function. After speaking with some people they have all recommended fitting an after-market alarm system. Now to my question,

Just looking for recommendations (obviously don't tell me what alarm YOU have for safety reason) I'm looking for something that will use the standard Type S key and buttons. ( dont really want to have a separate remote)

Cheers

If you send your standard ECU to Hondata then your Immobilizer will work (I'm led to believe) As the Type S ECU is not compatible, a DC5R ecu must be used (along with conversion harness etc) Because of the difference in Type R keys to Type S the immobilizer in the S doesn't function. So your should be fine with the DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    it wont work with the standard alarm? is this for dc5R aswell?
    I dont get your question

Quote Originally Posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    I recommend if you dont want a separate control, Get a Rhino TransRam. look at it on the Rhino Page ^
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ah thanks mattskis! post up your review on the kpro, thats my next mod! along with JDM intake mani! hahaha u getting it chipped?

i heard ur ECU must be compatible to get it chipped

Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    ah thanks mattskis! post up your review on the kpro, thats my next mod! along with JDM intake mani! hahaha u getting it chipped?

i heard ur ECU must be compatible to get it chipped
    No problems, Yes with the DC5R if you want to use YOUR ecu, it will have to have a compatible Processor. If you want to find this out, jump on the hondatech forums, there is an Article showing you how to check if your current ecu is compatible. Hope that helps! If all goes ahead with Kpro, i will do a review.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    that the same Problem the Latest model DC5R have in Japan. The au S has the same or similar ECU

they have to be changed to the pre facelift model ECU ay

Quote Originally Posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    that the same Problem the Latest model DC5R have in Japan. The au S has the same or similar ECU

they have to be changed to the pre facelift model ECU ay
    Correct

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    My cus says that mongoose is easy to deactivate. I dont recommend a alarm that u can get anywhere like that. Stratfield car radio, fairfield car radio supercheap ect. stay away from those