Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    did this to My K20 rocker cover...
    didn't want to do the Type R wrincle red so i did a gloss bright red.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Just a quick question for those of you who've sanded off the letters. Was there any buildup on it? Do you need to go and sand it down once in a while to retain the shine. Might do it to my K20 rocker cover

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM888
    Did mine last night with night with so far minimal success (with the paint).

I had some halogen work lights set up to act as heat lamps (as suggested by AutoBarn man) - but it seems that heat wasnt consistant enough over the cover. Wrinkles were in different sizes, shape, and areas of the cover.

I read some other paint forums were people recommend using a hair dryer - Im a bit reluctant to use this as im worried of missing spots (which people say they do).

I applied the paint at night (around 14degrees) then moving the cover straight into my room (about 20 degrees with heater on)

Just now i have sanded it back smooth and applied 3 med-heavy coats with 10 minute interval inbetween them (as recommeded on the can and forums)

Im not going to apply any heat - just going to let it sit in the room. Hopefully over night ill have some somewhat even wrinkles. If it fails i guess ill just have to sand it back and use a flat paint. Soon it would have been cheaper for me to buy a OEM EK9 cover lol.

If the wrinkles are consistant ill let it sit for 48-72 hours and give it some heat to cure the paint a bit quicker.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM888
    ^ further to this post.

Some wrinkles have come up now. They appear to be even in size - however hasnt covered all of the cover yet. I assume will take some time for them all to show.

Heres mine!

Before..

And after..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    awesome DIY!!....with great results!!...thanks guys

has anyone applied clear coat on theres curiously?

i did mine with a layer of clear coat, wasn't that good. may be someone else has better luck?

Can you post the code of the colour you use on the cover?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    So after all the talk about primer which had the best results concerning heat and finish?
    EG5 w/ B18C Project.