Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    i see.. thanks vinny... so the question is... am i in any immediate danger before i get it done ? can it be driven ? I've missed out putting that metal tube in as it could'nt fit ... (going to bore it out and fit it tml afternoon...)

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    the method for taking the rears off is the same on an Eg isn't it?

The front was exactly the same except the back i undid the lca bolt the lower shock bolt and the top two

now the lca is dropping down but the shock seems to keep extending (its standard) and is sitting hard up against the lca no matter what i've tried lifting it ect

So how do i get it out.. do i remove the other lca bolt and remove the whole lca or should i remove the sway bar mounts so the lca's drop even further??

Some urgent help would be good as i had to borrow my grandparents car to get to work -.-'

remove the sway bar so that LCA can drop down further.

The stock springs on the EG's are quite long.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    thanks jason

everything went smoothly after that

+1 rep to you and +1 to muzz for the DIY tut

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT
    tighten the 2 bolts holding the top of the suspension up to the correct torque
    How do you measure the torque when tightening something?
    14.7psi = atmospheric pressure at sea level = NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    Im using solid torque mounts as well. My seat vibrates so much it tickles the back of my balls lol

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    torque wrench mate

edit; because jason's a bastard and beat me to posting i thought i'd like to add that you should use a 9mm ring spanner to hold the shock piston while tightening the 2 nuts that hold it to the top hat

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT
    Thanks alot! This DIY makes it seem fairly easy to change springs/sussy setup, are there any common gremlons that appear when attempting this?
    14.7psi = atmospheric pressure at sea level = NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    Im using solid torque mounts as well. My seat vibrates so much it tickles the back of my balls lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    If your not careful.. the spring can pop of the strut....make sure its secured between spring compressors...dats all i can think off...
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Great guide. used it today on my ek and got koni yellows + itr springs on. A suggestion for the front springs/shocks. To get the shock out easier, undo the fork bolt + pinch bolt first, use a rubber mallet to tap it a little loose and then if u push down a little on the control arm, there's plenty of room to get the strut out.

subscribed. good write up