Member Array
    Car:
    98 EJ8

Replacing H emblem on Civic

Just got some OEM gold emblems for my civic and the instructions say to remove the front bumper, is there anyway to do it without removing the bumper?
    I've searched and know how to get the backs ones off but couldn't find anything on the front one. TIA
    Nugget1

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5, dc5s
    why not take the front bumper off ?
    just a few screws on the top and sides pretty easy even i can do it and im a noob haha

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513

Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a
    how come u have to take the bumpers off? :S are u talking about replacing the H badge on the bonnet and boot?.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    on his model, gota take off bumper to get the grill off taking that it is all oem atm
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    hey were did u get gold honda badges i want some

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EJ8
    I picked them up off Ebay, a private seller, still in box unused for $35, front and rear H and civic, they are for a four door so I might have to lose the silver coupe badge that goes under the civic badge.
    Looks like I'll just have to take the bumper off, I find it tricky to take those clips off without breaking them, practise makes perfect so they say.
    Nugget1

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EJ8
    The clips were easy, nothing like the underbody ones I had trouble with when installing my CAI, took 10 minutes to get it off, too easy. Had trouble with the self tappers in the wheel arch but used a squat phillips and no probs.
    Eucalyptus oil seemed to work better than turps in removing the residue adhesive though plenty of elbow grease was required. I used a paint cleaner to give it the final clean.
    Before

Nice foam bit to cushion the impact!?

After

I can't bring myself to take off the coupe badge
    Nugget1