Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: illegal tinting

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!

illegal tinting

Is anyone able to show me a photo of 35%(darkest legal limit) tint?

Also a guy quoted me 180$ with illegal tints and a receipt. Does anyone know with this receipt is it going to protect me from anything? such as get defected and have to re-tint it?

Also is the 170-180 mark a reasonable price?

Thanks yo!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz,05 Civic,06 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dy_ View Post
    Is anyone able to show me a photo of 35%(darkest legal limit) tint?

Also a guy quoted me 180$ with illegal tints and a receipt. Does anyone know with this receipt is it going to protect me from anything? such as get defected and have to re-tint it?

Thanks yo!
    Recent won't protect you from anything, really. If the RTA tests <35%, then it will fail, and will need to be removed.

Price is good.

Here are some pics of an Accord that apparently has 35% tint.
    WTB for an '04 Jazz (pre-facelift), PM me if you have:
    - Factory sideskirts (blue)
    - OEM 14" alloys

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    hrm that doesnt look very dark at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    So what happens if a cop pulls me over and questions me about my tinting. If i show him my receipt saying its 35&#37; he'll either let me off or get it tested?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    i'm surprised the eprson offering the service is offering a receipt.

'illegal tints' are only legal if applied before the 1994 rule... obviously meaning your car has to be pre-94...

i got mine done coz i drive a 93 model del sol... no receipt and no way of proving when it was applied as i'm probably the 3rd owner...

btw that rule is nationally as it is an ADR
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    i'm surprised the eprson offering the service is offering a receipt.

'illegal tints' are only legal if applied before the 1994 rule... obviously meaning your car has to be pre-94...

i got mine done coz i drive a 93 model del sol... no receipt and no way of proving when it was applied as i'm probably the 3rd owner...

btw that rule is nationally as it is an ADR
    yeah my cars a 98 thats why i wanna find out as much as i can and decide whether i should do it or not..

The guy said he can get fined for doing it..but if i really want the receipt he can give me one.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Jazz,05 Civic,06 Civic
    So what happens if a cop pulls me over and questions me about my tinting. If i show him my receipt saying its 35% he'll either let me off or get it tested?
    A cop can defect you regardless of what you show them. They don't need to measure it, if they think it's defectable you could walk away with a ticket.

What I was saying is that if you have darker than 35% tinting and it gets tested by the RTA/inspection station/whatever, a receipt won't mean anything as it's beyond the guidelines.
    WTB for an '04 Jazz (pre-facelift), PM me if you have:
    - Factory sideskirts (blue)
    - OEM 14" alloys

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    you will get defected. pre 1994 your fine (assuming the tint was applied before 1994).. 98 model you will get defected

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Wow, that accord isnt even that dark :S Even my tints look darker..

I've heard of people getting their tints slashed.

170-180 is good. All depends on where you're gettiing it done and if you're getting a metalised tint or ceramic...

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    I've heard of people getting their tints slashed.

170-180 is good. All depends on where you're gettiing it done and if you're getting a metalised tint or ceramic...
    Whats the difference between metalised and ceramic tints?

Some owners which antennas embedded into the rear windscreen complain about poorer reception when metallic tint is used. I've got metallic and my reception is unchanged, but my mate's s15 was significantly worse in AM.

Stay away from cheap tints unless you like bubbling and your tint changing colour (seen people with purple tint?). Metalic and ceramic tints shouldn't change colour.