Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport

AUX cable for Accord Euro? Is it possible? How?

Hello All,

I am new to this forum... have done a search but nothing obvious.

I have a new Accord Euro Sport.

I want to get an Aux cable to run from the stereo to an IPOD Nano. From what I have found so far I need a 3.5mm MALE - 3.5mm MALE cable, but looking at the head unit it look like a pretty sealed unit (no chance of getting it out). Looked at the owners manual, but no useful info in there either. Dealer has not helped as there is no 'offical' part they can sell me.

Is this possible? Should I just buy the cable and fit myself? Has anyone done this? How do you get to the Aux port on the back of the Head Unit?

Or, should I just go to a Car Audio place in Brisbane? Any recommendations?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Since you have an iPod, get the IceLink Plus so you can control the iPod using the Steering Wheel buttons.

http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/C...-link-plus.seo

The snhond3 is a more generic device, good if you dont have an iPod interface.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport
    Excellent guys, thanks for the links, I will take a look.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Since you have an iPod, get the IceLink Plus so you can control the iPod using the Steering Wheel buttons.

The snhond3 is a more generic device, good if you dont have an iPod interface.
    Thanks EuroDude. I spoke to a mate in the UK and he had one of these in his Alfa and was happy with it. My understanding is that I will need to lose the CD changer unit. Do you know if this is the case? No big deal really, as IPOD will have all the music on it, thats the whole point. I assume the CD changer can just be unplugged, and left sitting there.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry

Hope not.......

Quote Originally Posted by iw_eagle View Post
    Thanks EuroDude. I spoke to a mate in the UK and he had one of these in his Alfa and was happy with it. My understanding is that I will need to lose the CD changer unit. Do you know if this is the case? No big deal really, as IPOD will have all the music on it, thats the whole point. I assume the CD changer can just be unplugged, and left sitting there.
    Not sure but I dont think you lose the cd changer.....Have a look at this vid might help

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...highlight=ipod
    Last edited by LXRY; 30-08-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: found a link.....DIY

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport
    According to this link you do:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/hardware/...191730503.html

"The only downside is that installing the ice>Link means you can no longer use your CD stacker. But if you've ripped all your CDs for your iPod, it probably won't matter."

Like I say its no biggy, just a nice to have I suppose.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by iw_eagle View Post
    According to this link you do:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/hardware/...191730503.html

"The only downside is that installing the ice>Link means you can no longer use your CD stacker. But if you've ripped all your CDs for your iPod, it probably won't matter."

Like I say its no biggy, just a nice to have I suppose.

I've just learnt something thanks....good to see you've done your homework

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Saay whaat? No you don't lose the 6-CD Stacker, all my 6 CD's work fine.
    If you have an External CD Stacker, then you will lose that because the IceLink uses the CD Stacker connector. But why would you want an external CD Stacker when the stock Deck has a 6-CD stacker built-in..

Not sure about the GPS Navigation model though, but the Euro Sport doesnt have Navigation..

For other Makes and Models, yes you will lose the CD Stacker if the Deck doesnt have one built-in.
    Last edited by EuroDude; 30-08-2007 at 10:04 AM.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    If you have an External CD Stacker, then you will lose that because the IceLink uses the CD Stacker connector. But why would you want an external CD Stacker when the stock Deck has a 6-CD stacker built-in..

Not sure about the GPS Navigation model though, but the Euro Sport doesnt have Navigation..
    Their you go well done EuroDude, CLARIFIED

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    Not sure but I dont think you lose the cd changer.....Have a look at this vid might help

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...highlight=ipod
    Excellent Video, thanks for that. I think it comes down to the 'type' of Head unit you have. E.g. In the manual there is A, B, C, D, E etc

I expect the USA ones are slightly different, as to me it looked like he had Sat nav. His CD / AUX button in the video is on the left, where as mine is on the right of the display.

Would still rather pay for a pro to do it I think. But at least I can see its possible.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport

Happy days then! Cheers...

I was not understanding the stacker correctly, but like you say I have the stock option, rather than the additional stacker that you can purchase that plays mp3s CD's. So I wont lose the CD functionality.

Looks like this is the way forward then.

Looked at Car Kit Company, unless anyone else can recommend a place in Brisbane?