Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic type R 2007

supercharger for the new civic TYPE R

anyone know where to go to get this done?
    and how much would it cost? (in Melbourne)

any comments or recommendations will be much appreciated,

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    The car is still relatively new here so I don't think any local companies are offering it yet? (Prove me wrong!)

But as it's been out in UK for a while, maybe try looking on UK websites. I remember seeing UK tuning companies advertise in the Top Gear magazine (it's an imported magazine from Britain available at a lot of newsagents) so you might want to check that out for ideas/inspiration?

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    well, type r is all about n/a. I think when you supercharge it its not a type r anymore and im actually quite happy with the performance already. Any further performance upgrade will be intake + header + ecu + exhaust no way im putting a supercharger ni there

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    People feel it lacks torque , is that why you considering supercharger ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic type R 2007
    yeah, from 1000-5000 rev, it takes a while to get up there, i've driven a twin turbo supra and soarer before, the torque 0-5000 rev blows my mind as comparing to the type R, there just isn't any of that body sticking to the seat feeling in this, perhaps adding a turbo or a supercharger will fix this

superchargers and turbochargers properly sized for the job will make a good gain for useable power.

General rule of thumb is that a turbo is a better option for our motors because of the parasitic loss attributed to the drive belt of a Supercharger.

A well matched garrett ball bearing turbo will often be the better choice as it gives u much more power at the top end, without the loss from the drivebelts and have a large window of useable power that the bottom end will not suffer.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    if that was the sort of feeling u were after then u bought the wrong car.
    all type r's are like that nothing much below ~4500rpm.

i havent been in a supercharged type r, but i doubt they would match the torque of the cars u mentioned purely cos they have heaps more engine capacity

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    If you want to retain factory dash and controls - the biggest cost/issue you will find is ECU. The drive by wire throttle just complicates things. Same problem with the Euro.

thast wrong yoram, there is a wide amount of ecus that can run it, its just ppl not willing to pay for them

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle999 View Post
    yeah, from 1000-5000 rev, it takes a while to get up there, i've driven a twin turbo supra and soarer before, the torque 0-5000 rev blows my mind as comparing to the type R, there just isn't any of that body sticking to the seat feeling in this, perhaps adding a turbo or a supercharger will fix this
    supras and soarers are straight 6s, which = big torque. they also have like 2.5x more torque than the type r if i have my figures right. that and the supras and soarers only rev up to 6.5k-ish, so the output scale is diff to a type r that can rev up to 8-8.3k. that and its partially due to the existence of vtec that you lack power from 1-5k revs, as under 5k revs, its on the (moderately) fuel efficient cam lobes.
    turbos also peak their torque earlier, and when it peaks, it comes on strongly. if all you're after is bottom end response, then a small supercharger should do.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    With the the supercharger the power boost is alot more linear.
    Hence the reason for the supercharger over turbo, so it still feels the same
    as driving a naturally aspirated car, and still enjoy the vtec powerband after 5k rpm.
    If you want outright power, then turbo is the way to go.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    did u even drive the car before you bought it?