Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    Just wondering if i remove the plastic guard lining in the inside of the wheel arch, if it will do any harm?

I'm pretty sure thats the main part that the wheel is scrubbing against.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    if you remove it, you risk getting dents in your guard from stones. the plastic cover absorbs the impact of stones ect, also more water will get in there as well as mud which will hold moisture. posible risk of premeture rusting.

Yup not too sure which car you are refering to but some cars have wiring also that run up under the guard and are protected by the plastic liner.... which again can sustain damage from water and other things getting flicked up and potentially cutting/damaging the wires insulation.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    ohh i see... thanks for that, i think i might just leave it on for now and try think of anoter way to stop scrubbing.
    my cars a EG civic by the way...

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    on my civic one of the front plastic guards totally came off while i was driving so i just left it off, but its been a few months now and im noticing that it is getting dirtier and dirtier inside the guard (you can slightly see the wheel with the door open) so im planning on putting it bak on soon...

maybe you can cut off the parts in which the wheel is scrubbing on and leave most of the plastic on, thats what i did with my car, it stopped the scrubbing a bit...

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    yeh i might give that a good too, hey nobbs ur riding on 18's ay? did u have to lip your front or rear guards??

Quote Originally Posted by nobbs";p="111611
    maybe you can cut off the parts in which the wheel is scrubbing on and leave most of the plastic on, thats what i did with my car but it still came off...
    I took mine off cos of the same scrubbing problem and i cut the plastic, leaving only about 20 to 30cm of the plastic at the side near to the door. So water does not get in and you can still use the existing bolts and clips to secure

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    yeah, rufes1 has a problem with a lil rust now (cause by mud etc) - he got his car without one there.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Banned Array
    remove it to prevent rust from water sticking in there is what i've been told by some panel beaters

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    ive got the left one on my eg off.
    it was in the way of my intake and it smoehow like blew out when i was driving so i ripped it off in a car park, been gone for ages.

dont worry about it
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    per10d: yeah im riding on 18s, i had to get the front and rear guards lipped

i can have 5 ppl in the car and it wont scrub over bumps but coz of the front i dont have much of a turning circle

u gotta cut it off if u roll ur guards, but there isnt really a harm besides what people said above
    フジタエンジニアリング