Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cd5 Accord exhaust.

hey guys.

I've had my car for a little over a year now and when i brought it the previous owner needed to change the exhaust for a RWC. he put the gayest looking thing on ever, quite similar to a Milo tin with 2 pea shooters on the back, something i could have knocked up in year 9 metal work....

Anyhow I've been thinking for sometime about changing it but am unsure whether to change just the muffler or put in a diff back or cat back system... i don't want a real loud one, (no need for wank factor) , but i would like some kind of a exhaust note... i do like the twin tip look, no cannons for me. What would be the way to go about giving the car a much needed face lift, with a few small performance enhancements along the way ? What sort of price would i be looking at ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord EXi
    Just recently i installed a set of x-force extractors and done the exhaust and muffler. If your after a muffler with a bit of tone but not over board by anymeans. Try an s10 or s12 muffler. had had a good tone but not too deep or throaty and performance wise, well i'm more then happy with in on my cd5 and thats without vtec
    Hope this helped out a bit

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    You really cant go wrong with a mild steel press bent 2.25" catback exhaust with resonator and magnaflow with your choice of rear tip.

I've had this setup for a while now and it sounds awesome.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=575

i like the look of that one, very neat, how much would you expect to pay for a 2 1/4 inch cat back with muffler and tip and fitted ?

p.s is the one on the link the exact same as yours
    Last edited by itchyrichie69; 10-09-2007 at 08:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    arround 150 for cat back pipe... and .. 100 for muffler so it would be arround 250 -300
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

do u get it all from an exhaust shop, or but tip and muffler separate from somewhere like autobarn ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Don't bother getting a cat back system, it is a waste of money, i had a twinloop muffler... it gave a great note but kept scraping every where i went so i got rid of it and bought myself two tips that tilted up wards.... here is a couple of pictures...

Im also selling fabulous profound wheels as well if your interested!
    Last edited by mrwillz; 10-09-2007 at 10:51 PM.
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

do u have probs with water getting in that tip and rusting out ur muffler.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    its stainless steel
    no rust wot so ever mate
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord EXi
    wow, u managed to scrape the twinloop muffler everywhere? I live in townsville (just about the worst roads in the state) and drive to the gulf for work and i haven't managed to scrape it once yet. Thats with the car lowered 2" ah well, go with what works with your car and style i say

Quote Originally Posted by Nervegas View Post
    wow, u managed to scrape the twinloop muffler everywhere? I live in townsville (just about the worst roads in the state) and drive to the gulf for work and i haven't managed to scrape it once yet. Thats with the car lowered 2" ah well, go with what works with your car and style i say
    what did u do to lower ur car ? ? ? just springs or shocks as well... also what brand...

im looking to lower mine but not sure how to go about it, everyone gives mixed views on it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Accord EXi
    I just went for king springs, simple cheap and effective. I had mine lowered by about 1 1/2 inch, but i reckon i should've gone lower because there still too much gap between the wheels and the arch.
    Sorry for the late reply, my occupation stops me from being on the web altoghter