Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6

Finally,I test drove a FN2R.

This is my personal opinion on the car.I was very impressed with it,more so than the GTI I test drove.The power for me,was more than enough.Acceleration was comparable to the GTI.The grip and handling was superior to the GTI.
    The gear change was smoother(much less notchy) than the GTI.
    The rear view did not really concern me however,not being able to see the end of the hood was a little strange to me.
    The suspension,I really don't know why a number of people have complained about the stiffness,I found it quite compliant and yes,I did take it over some roads that were rough and undulating.
    The noise level was quite comfortable to live with.
    Overall, I felt it would be a comfortable daily driver.
    I am seriously considering it anyway, $43,000 on the road including I- Pod adapter,slimline plates(this also included the transfer of my custom plates to the CTR) ,Honda mats and metallic paint(silver).
    I realise that probably for the same price I could get the new WRX or MPS 3or the GTI or the Megane RS and not forgetting the cheaper priced XR5,but I am not just out for power there are other factors that I have considered.
    Just an interesting fact,I live in Geelong (Vic) approx. 120,000 people,I was told they have sold three yes ,three CTRs ,talk about exclusivity.
    For the people that have already bought their CTR,enjoy it and don't worry about the negative comments,having now driven the car, some of these "professional" reviewers I believe have a knack of talking through their anal passage.I have read and heard some Aussie reviewers copying what their overseas counterparts had to say about the FN2R.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    glad you like it, so are you getting one soon?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 & EK4
    Buy it, u wont regret it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Glad you enjoyed it as well...im still overwhelmed by mine.
    civic type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & W203 AMG
    Glad you like it.am thinking to sell my euro and buy RED colour CTR.could you give some information about how much is it approx the red CTR with full option, including front rear skirts,floor mat,Typr R emblem set, front side rear trims,front rear mudguards,rear parking sensor,Type R carpet,and accent lighting??thx btw!and enjoy your car!

Quote Originally Posted by fasthonda View Post
    This is my personal opinion on the car.I was very impressed with it,more so than the GTI I test drove.The power for me,was more than enough.Acceleration was comparable to the GTI.The grip and handling was superior to the GTI.
    The rear view did not really concern me however,not being able to see the end of the hood was a little strange to me.
    The suspension,I really don't know why a number of people have complained about the stiffness,I found it quite compliant and yes,I did take it over some roads that were rough and undulating.
    I am seriously considering it anyway, $43,000 on the road including I- Pod adapter,slimline plates(this also included the transfer of my custom plates to the CTR) ,Honda mats and metallic paint(silver).
    I realise that probably for the same price I could get the new WRX or MPS 3or the GTI or the Megane RS and not forgetting the cheaper priced XR5,but I am not just out for power there are other factors that I have considered.
    Just an interesting fact,I live in Geelong (Vic) approx. 120,000 people,I was told they have sold three yes ,three CTRs ,talk about exclusivity.
    For the people that have already bought their CTR,enjoy it and don't worry about the negative comments,having now driven the car, some of these "professional" reviewers I believe have a knack of talking through their anal passage.I have read and heard some Aussie reviewers copying what their overseas counterparts had to say about the FN2R.
    Last edited by CL9-K24A3; 16-09-2007 at 06:49 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by CL9-K24A3 View Post
    Glad you like it.am thinking to sell my euro and buy RED colour CTR.could you give some information about how much is it approx the red CTR with full option, including front rear skirts,floor mat,Typr R emblem set, front side rear trims,front rear mudguards,rear parking sensor,Type R carpet,and accent lighting??thx btw!and enjoy your car!
    You should get prices from your dealer. You're not obligated to buy anyway.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by CL9-K24A3 View Post
    I haven't bought the car yet Just need to sort out my financials,If I do decide to buy the car it will be in cash.As for the accessories,they are very expensive,just the I-pod is $500 installed.The salesman said he would be willing to "throw" that in for free-so the total cost for me on the road would actually be $42,500.The Type R emblem pack I think was $250
    I may enquire about the side protection trims.
    The salesman said that I would have to wait a few months for the Red colour,it's the most popular.
    I will try for a better deal later in the week.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthonda View Post
    the dealer in wagga wagga (about 80,000 people) sold 2 CTR's alredy lol

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    so whats that, 1 ctr per 40,000 people? im not sure if thats good or bad.
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by egads View Post
    so whats that, 1 ctr per 40,000 people? im not sure if thats good or bad.
    Lol. It makes it more special when you do see one then ?

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996ek1 View Post
    Lol. It makes it more special when you do see one then ?
    I think it does make it unique.On my test drive I noticed a number of people were looking and pointing to the Civic.Although I must admit maybe my hard driving caught people's attention, I did hit the rev limiter quite a number of times

If you divide Australia's population of 21,000,000 by 1200 you end up with
    1 CTR to 17,500 people.
    Still makes it quite exclusive

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i saw one at rockdale honda when i went to get some transmission fluid