Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Repairable Write - OFF

Would you buy a car that has the status under a revs check as..
    Repairable Write off?

Just say it was the sexiest car you've seen..
    you've taken it for a test drive and it works fine..
    would u purchase it?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    if you got someone to check it is mechanically fine, chassis is fine.. getting it for a good price (below market value)

than why not

although it comes down to.. would u save a few bucks . or spend more for peace of mind

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    depending on where u r !!!
    im not sure about other states but recently i have found out that in VICTORIA if a car has had chassis damage its a bitch to get back on the road, they want u to have certificates stating that d car has been checked n is safe for the roads.

so if that is in your case - find out if the damaage was chassis and wether there are any papers available to prove that it has been repaired properly.

speaking from experience its a real bitch... the only other way to go about doin it is if u could find sum1 who would do a dodgy certificate, its similar to an engineers cert.

Because when u get to vicroads they r going to ask you fora cert.... n if u dont have one then youll get in trouble + the guy who gave u a road worthy ...

good luck anyways ...

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    don't bother, so what if the car is straight or under market value, when it comes to resell, it will be sold under market value too and 10 times harder to sell...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    personally i would buy a car that has a title of 'repariable writeoff'. As in some instances ie type R's if seats get stolen its classified as a write off. Then resold at auctions. For me as long as chasis isnt bent its all good. Some ppl are just more picky when it comes to this sorta stuff.

some ppl who go out to buy a second hand car and expect it to have zero accident history in my opinion are dreaming....

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    don't bother, so what if the car is straight or under market value, when it comes to resell, it will be sold under market value too and 10 times harder to sell...
    thats true, i guess i assumed it wont be resold? a toy car to do a conversion and thrash?

BTW what car issit? if ur gna buy like say a 20k + car.. i wouldnt bother

If its a 2k-8k car.. why not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    make sure u find out why it was written off !
    if it was cause a building fell on it and sum1 bogged it together = DONT BUY
    if it was cause d seats were stolen = buy

what car ???

I would buy it as long as the chassis is fine and the price must be really good to compensate for the fact that this car is a repairable writeoff. But have to keep in mind that is going to be hard to sell in the future...

Member Array
    Car:
    push bike
    IMO no and no and no and no...
    never know what could happen...
    the car no longer holds its value.
    thats my 2c...
    shooting cac

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Depends what you're gonna buy the car for.

As a daily, so long as theres no chassis damage, id still buy a repaired write off.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    thread starter were u gonna give us some feedback too ?

depends on what it was "written" off for....say stolen parts or seats etc then go for it. But anything accident related i would stay away from UNLESS your intention is to repair and sell (profit)