Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Civic

budget upgrade for civic

hey guys,
    i am looking at making my car go a bit faster or maybe drive smoother a bit would be great if i dun get flamed dun really want to spend too much for now maybe around the 200-1k range..

i just bought a EG d16y1 engine 1994 sedan with stock parts only

cheers

looking at upgrading my speakers also.. maybe getting it for front and back so 4 stero speakers whats are the better ones? i like to turn up my speakers on occasion (for myself to hear whenever i hear the songs i like)also looking at the 200-8k range. the current speakers i only hear from the back and sounds monotonous. lol

cheers
    Last edited by thc86; 11-09-2007 at 12:21 AM. Reason: forgot abt mentioning abt speakers .
    t h c

I would personally say get an exhaust and possibly rims OR spend it all on upgrading your suspension ( do it properly the 1st time )

All else fails, search, heaps of people ask these questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    get a custom after market catback exhaust which is around 300 to 400 depends where u get it from and a simota intake system which will be around 200 to 350 depends if u want cold air intake or short ram intake but i say get the cold air much more beta .. these mods will be easily under 1k with easy power gains if u get a bit more money you can get headers as well .. but IMO get those 2 mods 1st ..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Civic
    been searching the forums but i dun understand much..

for the speakers can anyone describe what this means? i got this off another thread :P

http://www.ryda.com.au/Clarion-SCM40...m-p/scm400.htm
    http://www.alpine.com.au/products/pr...sp?modelID=314
    t h c

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by thc86 View Post
    been searching the forums but i dun understand much..

for the speakers can anyone describe what this means? i got this off another thread :P

http://www.ryda.com.au/Clarion-SCM40...m-p/scm400.htm
    http://www.alpine.com.au/products/pr...sp?modelID=314
    split (component) speakers are where the tweeter (small speaker dedicated to higher frequencies) is seperate from the mid driver (the larger speaker, usually 6.5 inch) as opposed to coaxials where they are together. they are more expensive but the main benefit is the ability to position the tweeter away from the mid in order to help sound quality. if ur running on a pretty tight budget i understand jaycar have some decent products in that price range as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    1976 VW Kombi
    suspensions first for handling, next would be rims, strut bars and body kit
    InTEGRA TYPE R

theres no point in having good suspension if u have sh1t tyres. u'll just break traction and be all over the road sooner than you think.

speakers, i'm running clarion slimline 6" fronts, alpine rears, 1RCA alpine headunit, mtx sub, alpine amp. All second hand off mates or eBay or brand new on special. Cost me under $450 total for my system. And I think, it sounds blardy awesome. no need to spend big bucks unless ur an audiophile.

Member Array
    Car:
    1976 VW Kombi
    yes... and tyres as well
    InTEGRA TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Look to buy all your parts on here,ozhonda=cheapest.
    1st do Intake,exhaust,headers=best bang for ya buck then Suspension Rims and Tyres,Lower it,Sway bar's.

drop it like its hot on king springs cheap and effective

btw i got some for sale

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    ^^ Haha Nice one Trav
    And I second that too!

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    if you're looking for a bit more power, maybe intake, exhausts, extractors, sparkies, and ignition leads for under 1k-ish (may take some looking around).

if you want handling, head to ebay. you can get a set of skunk2 pro-c coilovers for US$550+delivery, and get front and rear struts and ties for US$30-40+delivery.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.