Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EJ800ST

Thinkin about buying a turbo kit off Ebay??? Read this 1st!!!

Hey guys..

Thinking cheap turbo kit?
    think again...

im currently in the process off boosting my civic n i recently bought a complete turbo kit off ebay which only cost me $850 shipped to my door... it only took 3 days fedex US to AUS
    prior to buying this kit i did some research on pro's n con's of turboing a honda to see what i would be in for..
    also the cost involved. but silly me.. i didnt research turbo kits themselves..

i then did some research on the kit i just purchased
    (*xs power* wasn't stated on item description so beware, you're likely to recieve this brand if no other brand is stated) & now my eyes are watering... lol
    no wonder they ship these kits out so fast, they wanna get rid of it... hehehe
    all i can do now is cry, lol, roll around in this junk, cry n laugh some more..

someone give me a pq point... it should ease a bit of my pain.. lol

here are some links for those considering on purchasing..

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1097918
    http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1323296
    (realized no recent comments on this though its all dated 2 yrs ago)

i reckon i could've sold it back on ebay or elsewhere n some poor guy would've bought it.. but its my mistake so i'll accept the consequences..
    see how nice i am..
    i'll still try it on n give a review on this piece of shit ass kit when i get it running... F@#$ im a dumbass lol unbelievable

pq point me if this was useful...!
    Last edited by Couper_Trooper; 09-02-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    You can't receive a PQ point yet :P

Anyways, let us know how it goes. I would never go SSS or XSPower.

i dont wanna say i told you so but i did, at least it has a brand name lol better then something completly unknown
    Last edited by hondavti25; 18-09-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    $850 is alot of money..

Quote Originally Posted by jdmlvn View Post
    $850 is alot of money..
    but not for a turbo kit get what you pay for. Dude re-sell the kit with out the cooller keep the cooler and get a greddy kit

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    dont trip yet, u cant believe everything you read. ebay turbo maybe seiously crappy and i wouldnt use it . i've been told the manifold cracks because it cools down to quick. but im sure if u take care of it things will work out better until u get around to replacing the SS stuff. give it a go and tell us if u break down
    ohh herrow im jdm

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    dude used one of these kits as ive said before and there not to bad for a first starter craving some boost...honestly not as bad as some people bag them out to be...yes manifold issue ive had them but not something that cant be fixed......had it for almost two yrs and the only thing im still using that came from the kit was inter cooler piping. sold all the other bits separately for almost as much as i originally bought it for soo all in all i wasn't to upset with buying one of these kits
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Yeah thats true but look it from a budget point of view. If your budget is low dont go buying shit youll replace in a year because its poor quality youll end up spending more then what you could of if you got the right thing first. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you want pics, looks here. The turbine housing cracked into half within 30 miles. Seems that it was held together using epoxy glue!!!

http://www.bblgroup.us/ssautochrome.htm

--------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx

Perhaps its just easy access to the compressor side airway ?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    There's a good article in the latest issue of Hot 4's...I'll briefly run through it with those of you who have not had the time to check it out yet:

It seems that branded or not, a lot of turbo's these days are being built in China. It's up to you to decide whether it is worth buying or not; don't blame the market.

Fact: every big turbo brand has a manufacturing plant in China.

Check for:

* VSR (Vibration Sorting Rig)
    * A no-leakage guarantee (at a certain supply level)
    * Have they ever tested/dyno'd their turbo kits? Ask for a compressor map
    * Don't judge the quality of the turbo on its bearing type

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by hondavti25 View Post
    i dont wanna say i told you so but i did, at least it has a brand name lol better then something completly unknown
    i bought the kit b4 getting any advice.. so my fault there..

i'd rather it not have a brand, than typing it up on google n finding out all the shit about it... hehehe (what u dont know, cant hurt u)

that pic of the turbo has the xspower stamp on it...
    mine doesn't have it.. looks totally diff.. it was also taken about 2yrs ago...
    hopefully the quality is a bit better now.. lol