Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HONDA VTI-L 2007

Honda Civic 2007 windscreen wipers

Hi guys,

I've had my Civic for about 5 months now and my front windscreen wipers not doing so great... I've traveled about 3000kms so far.

Does anyone know if I can buy civic wipers from the shops (ie kmart) and install it myself? Or I can only get them done on my next service?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD1, EK4R,
    you can get windscreen wipers anywhere.
    Autobarn usually has them for pretty cheap =)
    IJOEYI
    0o0 whats that... a b20 aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Encor3 View Post
    you can get windscreen wipers anywhere.
    Autobarn usually has them for pretty cheap =)
    you can only buy it from the dealer for this model i think... havent seen one @ supercheap or autobarn... you cant fit this model wiper onto other models as well

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The 06-07 Civics have different wipers....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    Mr Honda should have replacemet inserts for the car

Quote Originally Posted by Diccid View Post
    Hi guys,

I've had my Civic for about 5 months now and my front windscreen wipers not doing so great... I've traveled about 3000kms so far.

Does anyone know if I can buy civic wipers from the shops (ie kmart) and install it myself? Or I can only get them done on my next service?

Thanks.
    Same here. I have the 2006 civic with approx 11,000 on the clock. At about 5000, they started to jump around when used, especially the drivers side wiper. On the way down it grabs the screen and approx 20% of the screen is missed in the final 30% of sweep. I've tried different spare parts stores, but it seems only, to my knowledge that Honda only stock them. Does anyone know how much they are? I haven't asked.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by fab4272 View Post
    Same here. I have the 2006 civic with approx 11,000 on the clock. At about 5000, they started to jump around when used, especially the drivers side wiper. On the way down it grabs the screen and approx 20% of the screen is missed in the final 30% of sweep. I've tried different spare parts stores, but it seems only, to my knowledge that Honda only stock them. Does anyone know how much they are? I haven't asked.
    Have you tried wiping the edge of the wiper blade with some alcohol? Even vodka is fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    sometimes need to put windscreen soap in tank, so when u spray the water(+soap), ur windscreen more slick, easy for wiper blades to run.
    also apply windscreen treatment to remove any unseen mold.
    try not to park ur car under direct sunlight if possible, otherwise ur wiper blade will quick to be hard and crack.

ask special order from supercheap or autobarn, who know they do so.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I use Sonax windscreen washer additive. Good stuff but I don't think they are selling it at Autobarn anymore...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I've also been using the Honda ones... don't think you can get 'em elsewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    Hmm yea, sorry not about the 2007 wipers, but while i remember, my 1996 EK wipers are absolute shit. I bought new blades a few weeks ago, and all they do is smudge water, and make it very hard to see. Is this due to the old windscreen having a crappy surface? or.... ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ^ Yes the Glass surface can degrade over time. Try a Glass polish to clean and restore the surface. If the windscren is filthy, you should wash it with normal car soap/shampoo first, then use the polish. Clean the wiper blades as well. Applying some Graphite Powder to the edges of the wiper blade rubbers may help.

AutoGlym make decent polish

And also get some Sonax Windscreen fluid additive from AutoOne or another Auto Accessory shop
    .© ♪