Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysalib View Post
    So has any one managed to get xcarlink to work with USB keys larger than 2GB?

I tried the folder structure CD01 - CD10 on a 4GB USB key but still no luck.

If anyone succeeded in getting it to work with a USB larger than 2GB please share the brand etc.
    I haven't got one yet, but are you formatting your 4GB USB key as FAT32? (not NTFS?) just a stab in the dark but could be a reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by rodh257 View Post
    I haven't got one yet, but are you formatting your 4GB USB key as FAT32? (not NTFS?) just a stab in the dark but could be a reason why?
    Yeah it's definitly FAT32.

Anyone used to Neo link before? Going for around $320 for the unit and it offers full controls on the wheel etc. This is for Ipod. Can also choose a USB option. Why is it so expensive compared to Xcarlink?

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    I got my replacement Chinese Xcarlink today... works a treat with a 4GB Kingston USB stick... have yet to try with an 8GB and 16GB but I do have one each lying around somewhere.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Diesel
    Bought Xcarlink today should receive it next few days , can it be installed throught glove box (CL9) did not want to remove head unit . anyone have any idea how to remove glove box ?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    you must remove the head unit to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    you must remove the head unit to install it.
    No. You do not have to remove the headunit itself, you just need to remove the centre console below it and then you will be able to see the CV changer plug where you need to plug your xcarlink on the bottom of the headunit and you can easily reach it without removing the headunit itself.

I find mounting the xcarlink in the centre console below the headunit its much easier than the glovebox but you can try any other location really as long as your wire is long enough - be inovative

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    +1, the centre console is a hassle free place to put it. If you feel up to the task, grab some panel mount plugs off the net, drill some holes in the side of the centre console and run the usb and aux in plugs through the console wall, hiding the unit itself underneath.

That's what I did, hardest part was drilling neat holes as the console wall is about 5mm thick!

Looks very tidy now though
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Diesel
    how do you remove gear knob on (CL9 2006) is it just screwed in place , my has hard plastic just below gear knob ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    You can just pull the leather off be gentle but firm

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9
    whats better through the glovebox or... anyone know a place in melb that will do it im scared i will break something.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Ill do it for 50 pm me is yours manual or auto