Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    I recently bought this off ebay for my CTR hasnt arrived yet. I bought the ipod adapter. I dont think you can use this if you have the cd stacker since this thing plug into the cd stacker plug at the back of the radio. They do sell a two input into 1 output so that you can use both the stacker and the ipod adapter but i heard this thing cost heaps. Ill let you guys know when i installed mine, should be arriving sometimes this week and installing it in a free weekend

I think he is refering to the factory in dash CD changer
    Whiteline RSB, Cusco Tower Brace, Tein SS, Ingalls CK, Maven Shift Knob, Comptech Short Shifter, Euro R Grill, FN2 Type R Rims, Jtune ECU Reflash, Jtune Intake, Pending Evolution IX

would this work with the 06' sat nav.?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by king9 View Post
    would this work with the 06' sat nav.?

thanks
    I believe it does. I did a few google searches on it before buying and there was someone in the UK with an Accord with SatNav and it worked fine.
    Whiteline RSB, Cusco Tower Brace, Tein SS, Ingalls CK, Maven Shift Knob, Comptech Short Shifter, Euro R Grill, FN2 Type R Rims, Jtune ECU Reflash, Jtune Intake, Pending Evolution IX

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtop...&mforum=sp4rks

heres a DIY for the 06' Navi.

seems pretty simple.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    anyone got theirs going yet? Im interested in audio quality

UPDATE: Bugger it. I just ordered it! seehowshegoes...
    Last edited by Suntzu; 04-10-2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Updated
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    I received mine today (at work at the moment), will have it installed by 7.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    How many days since you ordered it?

Im wondering if I can work out how to install it. I have the CD rom manual but no experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    Took two days, usually overnight. I will post a few pics, looks very easy to install. Four Screws and a few clips.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    All in and working fine, very happy. Quite easy to install and sound quality is actually better then I expected!

This youtube video helped a fair bit;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm8b4WXCmQ

It is of an Icelink install into a US Accord. The only differences with ours is the shift knob removal and the connection for the unit is actually on the underside of the head unit so there's no need for the mirror. I decided to place mine in the glovebox and easily routed the cable through the right hand side. Very easy, no need to cut or drill anything. I didn't worry about disconnecting the battery either. Whole install took approx 20 minutes.

The only problem I came across with the unit was that it didn't like my Sandisk USB drive. I think it might have had something to do with the built in security software on the drive, who knows...

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    OK.

Mine arrivied. i think I can install it but I have a few questions:

A) Do I leave the unit in behind the dash and re-route the usb lead somewhere like the glove or centre compartment?
    B) Did you tape the usb lead to the box as it doesn't feel very secure?
    C) If you route the USB lead to the centre console or glove do you have to drill a usb sized hole??
    D) Is it possible to put the unit itself in the centre console or glove and not use the usb extention?

Ie what did you guys do?

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    OK.

Mine arrivied. i think I can install it but I have a few questions:

A) Do I leave the unit in behind the dash and re-route the usb lead somewhere like the glove or centre compartment?
    B) Did you tape the usb lead to the box as it doesn't feel very secure?
    C) If you route the USB lead to the centre console or glove do you have to drill a usb sized hole??
    D) Is it possible to put the unit itself in the centre console or glove and not use the usb extention?

Ie what did you guys do?
    A) I didn't use the USB extension cable. The main unit is in the glovebox and the wire harness goes straight into the head unit.
    B)I secured mine on the back inside the glovebox with velcro (the ones with sticky stuff on the underside).
    C)If you route the USB lead to the centre console you will need to drill a hole. The glovebox will be fine.
    D)YES. My take on the extension cable if for the connection to the PC in the case that the USB on the PC is located on the back. In this case you can use the extension cable without having to reach the back of the PC to plug in your USB drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Awesome. Ill hack into my car now. Ive got the drill,dremel and fumblefingers all warmed up. Wish me luck.