Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    lol good luck. I took a few photos last night, didn't get a chance to post them up. Let me know if you need anything.
    Whiteline RSB, Cusco Tower Brace, Tein SS, Ingalls CK, Maven Shift Knob, Comptech Short Shifter, Euro R Grill, FN2 Type R Rims, Jtune ECU Reflash, Jtune Intake, Pending Evolution IX

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hows the sound quality compared to a CD burnt from an mp3?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    About the same. The only noticeable difference is that the volume level is slightly lower on the USB. Of course a lot of it has to do with the quality of the MP3 file.
    Whiteline RSB, Cusco Tower Brace, Tein SS, Ingalls CK, Maven Shift Knob, Comptech Short Shifter, Euro R Grill, FN2 Type R Rims, Jtune ECU Reflash, Jtune Intake, Pending Evolution IX

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    So can we confirm it doesn't start from the beginning of the USB drive each time?

ENVSSS re the Sandisk: yes it would the security partition. Remove it and it'll work, we get the same issue on Linux boxes.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    Thanks I'll try that and yes confirmed it doesn't start from the start when turned off and back on. Works exactly like a CD.
    Last edited by ENVSSS; 07-10-2007 at 03:25 PM.

received this email at 7pm today:

Hi Christopher,

Your usb unit has been sent today. You should receive it tomorrow.

State Manager

XCarLink.

express post delivers on Saturdays? or is this an automatic email?

thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Sounds good. Looks like i'll get one as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6

Suntzu's Mini Reviewage

Ok, got mine installed. Now it only took about 1 hour cause I'm a noob and a bit rough. I did crack a bit of the shiny plastic around the gear knob but its hard to see. I also did loose one screw in the gearbox void. Couldn't find it.

However I successfully installed the unit in the glovebox. The YOUTUBE video link instructional above is PERFECT.A must watch.

The audio quality is very good. Close to CD but that's MP3 for you. I can hear a tiny hiss at volume when engine off but you cant notice it 90% of the time.

You have full control of the folders. I put 10 folders in and it saw all of them as individual CD's! I dunno what the max folder count is. You can control the tracks and volume on the steering wheel. You can also select the aux mode via the MODE button on the wheel. You press the 5 and 6 button on the dash for folder level access. The normal 6 CD stacker works perfectly in harmony with the unit.

Its absolutely brilliant in terms of control. Its just like you have hundreds of CD's at your disposal. Just remember which folder is which dodgy 80's band and which is your Bryan Adams/Roxette collection and your sweet as.

Pro's:
    Audio quality excellent
    Full control over tracks, folders and volume
    Massive quantity of tracks if you have a decent usb stick ( i use a 2 gig corsair FAT32)
    Easy compact install
    Best solution so far if you dont have an IPOD but do have a heap of memory sticks
    Cheap at only $155 + shipping

Cons:
    Slight hiss
    Random is a bit random and seemed to do only the folder level that your in not the other folders. I have to confirm this.
    If you click madly on the folder and the track at the same time it gets confused and plays the track from the previous folder in the current one until you click back on the tracks. Minor.
    Watch those screws and plastics when forcing the covers.

I give it 8.5/10. Easily one of my best mods.
    Last edited by Suntzu; 06-10-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    As I have told others before, the way to remove the trim around the gearstick is to yank upwards at the boot. DON'T PRY AT THE PANEL!

just got mine today.

but mine can only read one folder? how did u guys place the file on the USB?

thanks

edit: ok, after some browsing i discovered that it will only read folders named CD01,CD02 etc. is it like this for all you guys?
    Last edited by king9; 09-10-2007 at 01:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    i doubt it'd work, but would you be able to run the ipod off the usb carlink with the ipod to usb cable?

i just would enjoy it if you were able to use both ipod n usb.

runs perfect, except that the hissing is a bit annoying