Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2633343536
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    Hey guys, sorry to go thread digging.

Are there any tips or tricks for installing the xcarlink unit on an 06 euro with satnav. I've looked at the guide and it seems fairly straight forward, just a few questions...

Is the 6 stacker plug still on the back of my satnav unit, some websites say it won't have it because its already a 6 stacker?
    Is there anything plugged into the required port that I would need an adapter for such as a Y-piece?

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    Hi all, I have a question.
    I've had a weird issue pop up with the xcarlink/iPhone, since I installed it about 8 months ago it's been working fine, but only over the last few days the music/iPod app shows "accessory connected" and I cannot access my playlists or change my music, the music still plays and I can change the music with the controls on the steering wheels but it's only playing a weird random selection of about 25 songs only.

Anyone else had this? Or know a way to fix it so it goes back to an accessible iPod music app?
    Thanks.
    2006 CL9 Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by jbzonda View Post
    Hi all, I have a question.
    I've had a weird issue pop up with the xcarlink/iPhone, since I installed it about 8 months ago it's been working fine, but only over the last few days the music/iPod app shows "accessory connected" and I cannot access my playlists or change my music, the music still plays and I can change the music with the controls on the steering wheels but it's only playing a weird random selection of about 25 songs only.

Anyone else had this? Or know a way to fix it so it goes back to an accessible iPod music app?
    Thanks.
    What does your cd player screen say, mine will go to 'accessory connected' if its anything other than CDC 1-01. Then I have to control it using the radio and steers wheel controls. If it shows CDC 1-01 the iPhone can change tracks too.
    Last edited by Minimikee; 03-09-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    ill have to check, but i do know that the CDC 0X-### - the "#" numbers do change now with each song change, where as when i could control from my iPod that did not change, i think i recall it being CDC 01-099 when i had my iPhone plugged in and fully controlling music selection from my iPhone. its just strange that all of a sudden it wants to say "accessory connected" I'm not sure whats changed....

so if what your saying Minimikee is correct and the CDC screen is incorrect, is there a way to alter it?
    Last edited by jbzonda; 03-09-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimikee View Post
    What does your cd player screen say, mine will go to 'accessory connected' if its anything other than CDC 1-01. Then I have to control it using the radio and steers wheel controls. If it shows CDC 1-01 the iPhone can change tracks too.
    some more information regarding the CDC numbers:
    When i click from am/fm to the CD/AUX, it says CDC 4-05.
    when i plug in my iphone is quick flashes CDC 8-99 but then goes to CDC 7-01. when i change songs it will go to CDC 7-02, 03 etc.
    the weird thing is it only goes up to CDC 7-62, and the same 62 songs always play? the songs played arent from a play list the only logical thing it does is play them alphabetically from the artist name. the songs selected other than that are completely random.

And as ive said above this has only started over the last post, it worked fine without the accessory connected for the previous 8 months since i bought the xcarlink module.
    anyone have any ideas!?!?!?
    Last edited by jbzonda; 03-09-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I had that when I first bought my xcarlink. Try playing music through a 3rd party app (CarTunes or anything like that). Once I started doing that it seemed to switch over to letting me use the regular Music app.

Member Array
    anybody know someone in melbourne that can install this for me?

I'm just scared I might stuff something up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 2007 wagon
    Hi all - sorry to drag this out of the depths of thread-ville....but how is the Xcarlink working out long term, those of you who installed it a few years ago (assuming you still have the car ?) is the thing still ticking along ?
    Some update, issues etc would be good, screen codes update as these seem to be handy to see whats going on and the button sequences of pressing what, when functioning.
    Other brands worth noting ? or to consider ?? Did see many with the Blue Tooth option, does this work OK, how do you link to the thing ? same as any BT device ?
    Any & all reports welcomed, about to invest in one of these things for my 2007 CM2.

guys, sorry to dig up this thread again, does anyone know how to get the Aux input working. My ipod is connnected to the xcarlink and works fine but the aux in doesn't show anything or play anything from my phone, even after the ipod is unplugged...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 2007 wagon
    I found the Xcarlink to be great for the first 3 months, then it started to fault, after 6 months it's about 50% operational. Tried to get help from from Sydney Car Installers and got a replacement unit, this did the same faulting in shorter time, contacted them and have no reply to several emails, bull shit service and to be frank, bull shit product, steer clear of XCarlink & Sydney Car Installers....

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Yeah I have had some dodgy service from him too, no after sales support and frustrating to deal with even before I had given him my money!
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Quote Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
    Its really easy, all you need to remove is the top vents (slide forward and up) and then remove three screws and pop out the sat nav unit, plug in the xcarlink and put everything back
    Regarding installing with the Navi - Well, I have a MY2008 Cl9 (last build run) and I must say this isn't right. (it might be on earlier versions). I had a real pain today trying to find any advice or just try my way though it - but now finally done. (actually just wanted to clean the Nav Lens not install xlink)

Really - you need to follow broadly the same methodology as for the non-nav - However the clips that hold the nav Facia the bottom bit) are chunky as hell and damn hard to remove - they clip into two metal brackets that come down from the bottom of the stereo. Ultimately though its just a case of pulling or leveraging towards you (straight out) to get it out.

Re holding the Nav / stereo unit - In mine it seems there were, in addition to the 3 screws under the airvents 2 screws underneath the unit holding it in - no amount of yanking would have removed it.

Just posting FYI anyone as this was the best thread I could find which at least had some info.