Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    As I have told others before, the way to remove the trim around the gearstick is to yank upwards at the boot. DON'T PRY AT THE PANEL!
    yeah just hook fingers under the boot surround from the inside and lift up... try doing the front first then the back (in oppose to trying to lift the whole thing up at once)

I've had mine installed for awhile and haven't got that hissing sound... does anyone else have this issue?

Yes they only read the folders if they are named CD01, CD02 etc... (Up to 6 for me). I've tried naming the folders other names, and the unit won't detect them..

Quote Originally Posted by king9 View Post
    just got mine today.

but mine can only read one folder? how did u guys place the file on the USB?

thanks

edit: ok, after some browsing i discovered that it will only read folders named CD01,CD02 etc. is it like this for all you guys?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Luxury 05
    I got mine and installed yesterday on my integra too!

I m actually using it as a AUX input for the stock HU!
    I think it's the cheapest option to get a USB CHARGER in the glove box + AUX input! I use the USB to charge my bluetooth headset, GPS and Windows MOBILE!

I ll post some photos on the integra forum later

Hi! .. I got this unit installed on my Euro about 2 months ago.. there is a few things you guy should aware when use it:

* Don't ever unplug the USB flash memory while you are listening the music -> it will kill the Xcarlink unit ( I got mine unit replaced under warranty !!! ) ......You should turn off the Stereo & then unplug the USB flash

* There are maximum of 6 folders you can create : CD01, CD02, CD03, CD04, CD05, CD06
    * Maximum 99 files per folder.
    * Length of music file is unlimited.

Enjoy

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Great info!

Also, 6 folders x 99 songs x 5MB per song = 2970MB. So no point getting larger than a 4GB thumbdrive/SD card.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by kman2k View Post
    Hi! .. I got this unit installed on my Euro about 2 months ago.. there is a few things you guy should aware when use it:

* Don't ever unplug the USB flash memory while you are listening the music -> it will kill the Xcarlink unit ( I got mine unit replaced under warranty !!! ) ......You should turn off the Stereo & then unplug the USB flash

* There are maximum of 6 folders you can create : CD01, CD02, CD03, CD04, CD05, CD06
    * Maximum 99 files per folder.
    * Length of music file is unlimited.

Enjoy
    Nope. I have 10 folders. They work fine. I haven killed mine by pulling it live, Ive done this about 10 times. That being said i dont recommend it.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    10 Folders on mine too. I also pull my USB out and put it back in while the unit is on. Resumes from the current song being played.
    Whiteline RSB, Cusco Tower Brace, Tein SS, Ingalls CK, Maven Shift Knob, Comptech Short Shifter, Euro R Grill, FN2 Type R Rims, Jtune ECU Reflash, Jtune Intake, Pending Evolution IX

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Nope. I have 10 folders. They work fine. I haven killed mine by pulling it live, Ive done this about 10 times. That being said i dont recommend it.
    whats wrong with using CDs???

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    whats wrong with using CDs???
    You lost me. WTF you talking about?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    You lost me. WTF you talking about?
    why do you have to have an mp3 player in the car... CDs are just as good... how many trips do you go on that need more than 120 songs??? (20songs x 6discs)

lol dont worry i was just being a smartass

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    why do you have to have an mp3 player in the car... CDs are just as good... how many trips do you go on that need more than 120 songs??? (20songs x 6discs)

lol dont worry i was just being a smartass
    I only listen to the first 10 sec of each song. That way i get through my Bryans Adams collection when I drive to the shops. If its a long trip I crack out the MP3's of my Roxette collection and I listen to them as well. But sometimes marie makes me sad, so then I kick on the Credence and get some bad moon happening. Thats why I need 1000 songs. Which fits just fine on the Xcarlink.

Disclaimer: All these MP3 are perfectly legal of course.